Post your Screenshots here
PerRock
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 104609

Re: 16/08 - August 2016 Screenshots

Post by PerRock »

Mightyena wrote:They look to me like the Railwaves HSTs, which aren't available anymore
Ya they're the Railwaves set, it's what I already had a reskin kit made up for... although I could look into the built-in ones.

I just noticed that the First Group logo is on the front of the Class 158s, despite the fact that I removed it & it doesn't show up in MeshViewer; I'm going to have to do some investigating.

As for the color (I was discussing this on Skype with Zec) I used the official GWR green the First Group uses, however in default lighting in Trainz it looks washed out (or too light, etc) Which do you Brits prefer to use, the official color, or a shade that looks more accurate under default settings (with a custom lighting, the official does look more accurate)? And I make no promises about releasing anything, for now it's all for my personal use (hell I can't release the Railwaves set anyways)

peter
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Re: 16/08 - August 2016 Screenshots

Post by Briggsy »

I find that colours can vary between models - on some models, using the exact colour can look perfect in Trainz - then on other models, it can look too dark, too light or too shiny.

It's controlled by the Specular settings - and I believe it can only be altered in the original mesh. I believe the Specular settings are used to control shine or dullness (for example, if someone wants to create a metal sheet, they can use the Specular settings to give it the metallic effect - whereas a piece of wood won't need the Specular effects because it has no shine).

I'm not a content creator - so I don't know the in's and out's of it properly - but I believe that's the general idea of it. I've done some re-skinning in the past and experienced a similar issue to you - and I've had to alter the colours to over-compensate for the Specular effects.

Obviously, when something is made to look shiny, it alters the colour - so that will explain why although you're using the exact colour, it doesn't look right in Trainz - so you'll need to tweak the colours to make it more realistic.