Unsolicited emails

General Trainz discussion and questions.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Unsolicited emails

Post by PFX »

Morning all.

Has anyone been receiving unsolicited emails from an account called Alsthom MP89? I've had 2 now which appear to be offering British pay ware rolling stock which is no longer commercially available.

I can't find a user account to match that name here or on N3V forum. The initial email appeared fairly innocuous, if badly written, but the second one implies that the sender wants to supply old pay ware content.

I haven't responded to either and just wanted to see if anyone else was getting these.

Innis
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Re: Unsolicited emails

Post by cyberdonblue »

I've not had anything myself, Innis, but all I'd say is be sensible (as I know you are) and beware of phishing cons; especially when the grammar is very poor.

Cheers

Dave
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

If the former payware is Snowsignal's and you're happy to take it further then contact Snowsignal aka Alan Thomson via the contact section on his current website : http://www.thomsoninteractive.com/contact.php

If its Railwaves then you'll need to contact both Just Trains and Alan Thomson .
https://www.justtrains.net/contact-us

The fact that you've now posted this information on a publicly accessible part of the forum might act as a deterrent !

EDIT : Just checked my inbox and I don't have any emails , but then again I suppose I'd be the last one to ever receive one given my hardcore stance on copyrights :lol:
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Was a warning about this illegal scam a while back, can't remember if it was N3V's forum or one of the others. I'd Stay clear of it.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

I'm super cautious about a) scam e-mails b) stolen software/assets/etc

I'm positive that I've seen the user name somewhere before but I could be wrong. I haven't responded so I can't say what the payware is this person is offering and I have no intention of finding out.

The e-mails were as follows.

Hello,

I would like to know if you're PFX from Trainz ? If yes I would like to talk to you about Trainz please and I'm serious. I've got something you might like. Thanks.

Regards

and

Hello,

I would like to know if you're PFX from Trainz ? If yes I would like to talk to you about Trainz please and I'm serious. I've got something you might like. Thanks.

Regards

Given this person has used a capitalised PFX, I wonder if they perhaps have come across this forum as my user name is in lower case on the N3V forum. Anyway, unless a genuine Nigerian prince e-mails me to offer me a share of at least $6 million, there's no way I'd fall for a spoofer.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Dear PFX,

I am a Nigerian Prince's Attorney and I have been authorised to send you $6,000,000 as a goodwill gesture from my boss. However, I first require you to send me £10,000 in order for me to fulfill all the legal requirements at this end before I am able release the money to your account. I will PM you the bank account details shortly. ;)

Regards

A Nigerian Prince's Mate :D
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Dear Nigerian Prince's Mate,

Would it be easier for me to send you my bank details and password? If you have access to a facsimile machine I could do that this afternoon.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Looks like another year in a caravan at Barmouth then. Oh well, I tried :(

:lol:

Take care

Dave :D
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

There's nowt wrong wi Barmouth, lovely place for a quiet fortneet. :D
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

I went there more than a few times as a kid, blackwatch :lol:. BR still ran steam back in those days too :o Used to love the whole experience. The journey there on the train, watching the signalman opening and closing the crossing gates at Barmouth - no noisy barriers back then. Absolutely fascinating to a little kid. I went through there many years later with some friends of mine and it had changed beyond recognition. It rather shattered my rose tinted specs, sadly, and brought a lump to my throat - although several pints of "lubricating fluid" a little while later repaired the rose tinted memories a bit.

Never mind. I've still got my happy childhood memories (and a new pair of rose tinted spectacles now :lol: .)

Cheers

Dave ;)
MF01
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 90946

Post by MF01 »

Hello,

I'm sorry if this happen to you as this is my second email account, I have changed my password and will not let my computer to my cousin, I'll smack him for that and again I apologize to you PFX if it has bothered you and yeah I don't have british payware only french and american and I will never let them to anyone as it's forbidden. Hope I was clear and I'm sorry again.

PS: He deleted all the sent email so can you send me a copy so I'll have some words to say ? Thank you

Regards
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

cyberdonblue wrote:I went there more than a few times as a kid, blackwatch :lol:. BR still ran steam back in those days too :o Used to love the whole experience. The journey there on the train, watching the signalman opening and closing the crossing gates at Barmouth - no noisy barriers back then. Absolutely fascinating to a little kid. I went through there many years later with some friends of mine and it had changed beyond recognition. It rather shattered my rose tinted specs, sadly, and brought a lump to my throat - although several pints of "lubricating fluid" a little while later repaired the rose tinted memories a bit.

Never mind. I've still got my happy childhood memories (and a new pair of rose tinted spectacles now :lol: .)

Cheers

Dave ;)
Funny you mention Barmouth, been there myself more than a few times, there's worse places such as Rhyl ...
I remember Dad saying he thought Barmouth was pretty unchanged from how he remembered it on family holidays in the 70s, except for the crossing gates and the BR blue 25s being replaced with Arriva Blue 158s.
Had many a good afternoon there, except one time catching a sick bug from a dodgy sausage roll and doing something unmentionable outside a quaint tea shop. To say the least I put everyone off their cake!
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

klambert wrote: ...Had many a good afternoon there, except one time catching a sick bug from a dodgy sausage roll and doing something unmentionable outside a quaint tea shop. To say the least I put everyone off their cake!
:lol: I had a friend who did a similar thing in France once, many years back - though his problem was with the large quantity of the newly discovered (back then) Stella Artois that we'd all consumed. After his first series of "evacuations," we very cruelly left him sleeping outside the next bar we visited whilst we continued drinking inside - that is until the bar staff pointed out to us that our friend was doing the "unmentionable", as you put it Karl, outside their bar and they considered that activity to be a poor reflection on their business and themselves. We then took pity on our friend and so took him back to hotel and put him to bed. However, he was the only one laughing the next morning as we all had the hangover from hell and was as fresh as a daisy having slept for about 14 hours :lol:

Cheers

Dave
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

It wans't me. My speeling and gramarr is realy good. Scam emails are allways full of speeling mistkaes.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Post deleted.
Last edited by PFX on Sun May 06, 2018 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.