The problem with Trainz ...

General Trainz discussion and questions.
CaptEngland
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: trainz+

Re: The problem with Trainz ...

Post by CaptEngland »

Hi Clam.

After todays post by Tony Hilliam on the N3V forum, it appears that maybe they are starting to take notice. The talk about getting us to beta test stuff more maybe will get the more important fixes done, and maybe some more feedback about the new ways of making content work will filter through.

On a sad note is the people being given the heave-ho. Is this normal or something to keep our eye's on? Still, I'm certain that this sim will live on no matter what (just look at MSTS!).

Regards.
CaptEngland. (see you all in three weeks due to Holiday).

P.S. Someone please badger them with getting S&C ready for T:ane for when I get back! ;)
ProxionYT
New Starter
Trainz Version: 2009
Trainz Build: 0

Post by ProxionYT »

As a younger fan I do have to agree. We need more modern things like class 175, class 170, class 166 and class 700 just to name a few. I also thing lots of the old 'paper trains' need to be replaced with newer models with interiors. The last thing I would like to say is we also need more modern maps like the overground east London line, Metro/Underground routes and more urban commuter routes (especially around London).
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

ProxionYT wrote:As a younger fan I do have to agree. We need more modern things like class 175, class 170, class 166 and class 700 just to name a few. I also thing lots of the old 'paper trains' need to be replaced with newer models with interiors. The last thing I would like to say is we also need more modern maps like the overground east London line, Metro/Underground routes and more urban commuter routes (especially around London).
My best advice for you is to get busy route building then. It'll mean less work for the rest of us to wade through.

Cheers

Dave
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

ProxionYT wrote:As a younger fan I do have to agree. We need more modern things like class 175, class 170, class 166 and class 700 just to name a few. I also thing lots of the old 'paper trains' need to be replaced with newer models with interiors. The last thing I would like to say is we also need more modern maps like the overground east London line, Metro/Underground routes and more urban commuter routes (especially around London).
I need to win the lottery - but sadly, that's not going to happen either.
chazi898
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TS 2012

Post by chazi898 »

Have you tried winning the lottery? A bit of background information might help my understanding of weather that's demotivation from experience or a stereotype that has been passed along the working community of Britain...

Like many here I think we would be blessed if new content that's nice and shiny, simply turns up out of no where, and also for little to nothing spent on buying it. Now I understand that may be your concern for receiving any content or your experience of such, but until you've tried everything you've got, you can never definitely know. Being among the younger generation of Trainz players from Britain, I am also sad to see its not as big as it should be, and that 'the other sim' has a much larger following, probably due to its advertising, and the way it has spread its wings towards the realm of console players, which while it has seem to have worked, the players that aren't new to TS are seeing the faults in the content, unlike the newer/younger players, in the same game. As for Trainz content, I have tried combating the lack of content available for Trainz in various ways, meaning I may have to get my hands dirty in some areas I would never have delved in previously, just to get where I desire with the likes of Trainz, even if sometimes what I do is completely backfired in my face...(but that hasn't stopped me trying to enjoy what I love doing most) and while I realise some of the things I have done were a mistake, I have tried to learn from them, otherwise it is impossible to move on, and hence in this case, create more content for Trainz. Also it is important to keep a positive mindset as to hope things may come along some time or other, as I think that it isn't a healthy way to combat the lack of content in the game, especially at a time when 'the other sim' is absolutely thriving, from TSW and TS perspectives.
- PS, these are just my thoughts, please do not take offence.

Hope this helps, Thanks Chazi.