Locos that work in TANE

General Trainz discussion and questions.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Locos that work in TANE

Post by PFX »

I've attempted to download a number of locos into TANE now and they appear to throw up a whole load of errors I don't know how to fix. I'm guessing someone will know if it is possible to correct these errors or not?

Are there some locos that will work 'out the box' at all?
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Re: Locos that work in TANE

Post by blackwatch13 »

You may hit lucky if the loco is actually made for T:ane, otherwise, it's a no-no I think. :(
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
greeni
Past 750!
Trainz Version: TRAINZ22PE
Trainz Build: 123799
Author KUID: 174088

Post by greeni »

I don't have T:ane but been told that my shunter works in it kuid2:174088:1249:6 try this and see if this works ok for you
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Gary, that does indeed work. Not the period I use but at least I know it's possible without having to go through a load or errors. Thanks.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

@Innes,

I've found that importing almost any locos gives a whole string of faults and warnings. There's quite a bit of stuff on the DLS in T:ANE now though so you might fare better if you spend a while browsing through them (a pain in the proverbial, I know.) Good luck, whatever you decide.

Dave
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

Can you post some of the errors you're getting here?

I've fixed everything that was flagging up with errors in TANE now - so there's a good chance I can let you know the "fix" if its something I've already done.

Most of the errors are usually texture related. So far, I haven't come across any errors that are beyond repair in TANE. Plenty that are a pain in the backside - but none irrepairable.

This page is quite useful too:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/AM ... ing_Assets
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Briggsy, thanks for the advice. Managed to get a couple of locos corrected using the solutions in that wiki. Much obliged. If I come across anything that stumps me I'll be sure to let you know.
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

No worries mate. If there's any that can't be repaired from that Wiki, the latest version of AssetX has been updated to work with TANE - so that might sort a few for you too.

http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutoria ... ols/assetx

Made life a lot easier for me that did.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Great stuff. Again, your help is much appreciated.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

I've managed to import and correct quite a number of useful locos since my last post. I have however, come across a most unusual error when trying to import the Railwaves Voyager 220. It shows no errors but as you can see from the attached image, the body is somewhat awry. Is there a fix for this or does it go deeper than that? Oddly enough, the 221 alongside doesn't suffer the same issue, nor does the Class 357 and 377.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

PFX wrote:Is there a fix for this or does it go deeper than that?
I'd say you wouldn't want it any deeper lol

Sorry couldn't resist that ;)
I'll go and check to see if my installs do that as well .

EDIT :

Here's the problem the voyager (220) meshes have been built (for some reason) below the zero height line ,
The bottom of the mesh should be above the yellow horizontal "X" line :

I'm going to try a mesh position tag in the config file , the hardest part is working out the exact height to move it to !
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

The mesh position tag didn't work , well actually it did work in repositioning the bodyshell to the correct height but it also repositioned all the attachment points !
You then end up with the bogies , passengers ,doors , lights etc. all still positioned above the body but with the body sitting at the correct height above the rails :(

I then tried to add position tabs to the door meshes to lower them back down which moved them back down but not to the correct height , even though I entered the same height value as the bodyshell but as a negative number .

Even if I get the door heights correct and then do the same for the bogie and coupler meshes I don't think there's a way to add a positioning tag for the light coronas (need to check the wiki) or the passengers ?

I cant work out why they've been built this way and why they actually work correctly in TS12 and below using this method , unless there's a position tag of some sort in the script file but as that's encrypted then I've no way of knowing ?

===============================================================

EDIT : I've worked out the magic reposition figure is 3.5m , that places the bodyshell at the correct height above the rails (compared to class 221 vehicles) .
Giving the doors , bogies and wiper blades a position tag of -3.5 places them back into their correct positions .

That just leaves the coupler , gangways , coronas and passengers .
Given that the couplers and gangways are shared with the 221 then they will have to be cloned , The cloned versions need to be given the position tag and the kuid numbers for the meshes altered in the class 220 vehicle configs to match .

I'll have to do some research on repositioning the lamps and passengers but I'm getting there ... ;)

PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

HAH! It's like one of those old US smoking ads that had all the passengers sitting on the roof of a train puffing away.

I haven't had any issues with other Railwaves stuff so far.

Thanks for spending time on this.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

I've managed to get it this far :

I've checked the wiki and there's no usable position tag for the coronas , So to fix those will involve having to add an attach mesh and create the attachments for the lights on that with suitably different names to those on the original mesh . There are lights on the front of the driving cars plus each vehicle has an orange door open light on each side , so all the vehicles will need an attach mesh . Luckily we can use the mesh viewer to show us the actual co-ordinates of each corona attachment point on all of the vehicles and these can be used to position the attachments correctly on the attach mesh .

The set of passengers used would need to be cloned and each passenger mesh given a position tag of -3.5 , The config file on each vehicle would have to be amended to use this new set of passengers .

A cloned driver would also need to be produced with a -3.5 position tag .

The last problem would be the driving cab , Having just tried driving the updated unit in TANE the cab is up in the air like the cockpit of a jumbo jet . I'm fairly sure someone tried repositioning a cab using the position tab in its config and it didn't work , Suggestions being that the attachment point for the interior would have to be moved in the main mesh . Given that attachments for cab interiors have to have a specific name in Trainz then its not as simple as adding the cab attachment to the attach mesh , You can't have two attachments with the same name associated with a mesh , so the original cab attachment would have to be removed or renamed , not impossible but given it's Payware and that you would need permission from the original mesh author to do that , then I'm not going to go down that route !!
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

I think you've done enough already and I would hate to think I was giving you a whole lot of nugatory work to do. I was interested to know if it was something simple to fix or not and while it seems certain aspects are, to get the whole unit working properly requires quite a bit of effort. It may be easier for me to clone the 221, and swap out the bogies and cabin. Wouldn't be 100% correct but it must surely be an easier option?

Mind you, those levitating passengers are quite amusing!