Locos that work in TANE

General Trainz discussion and questions.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: Locos that work in TANE

Post by clam1952 »

I'd be inclined to wait until these problems are sorted out, I suspect fixes may not be necessary when T:ANE is kicked in the right places. I haven't got any Railwaves stuff but if any who has access to TrainzDev and the test builds it might be an idea to test in a test build before drastically altering things?
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

PFX wrote:I think you've done enough already and I would hate to think I was giving you a whole lot of nugatory work to do. I was interested to know if it was something simple to fix or not and while it seems certain aspects are, to get the whole unit working properly requires quite a bit of effort. It may be easier for me to clone the 221, and swap out the bogies and cabin. Wouldn't be 100% correct but it must surely be an easier option?

Mind you, those levitating passengers are quite amusing!
Nearly finished , Lights sorted now on the driving cars using an attach mesh , Cab repositioned using a position tag in its config file plus I've had to alter the cab camera height positions in the config file (still slightly too high in the screenshot)

Just the passengers and the lights on the intermediate cars to sort and it's complete . Clam is probably right and it might have been easier to wait for the next update but I do like a challenge every now and again , Plus I know now that I can adjust the height of cab interiors in TANE , So that will come in handy for swopping cabs in the future ;)

High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Excellent job! If the next fix does correct these errors, you could end up with an interesting Class 220 should your fixes be 'fixed'. ; )
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

Quick - hide those levitating passenger pictures! It'll give CrossCountry ideas for solving their overcrowded Bournemouth - Edinburgh 5 carriaged trains problem :twisted:
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

HAHA! Might help solve the cross-border Enterprise over here too!

On a lighter note, got Peter Hicks' 91s and Mk4s into TANE today. Very little in the way of errors too.
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Post by Warbo40 »

Going off the subject of the Railwaves content does the Pikkabird class 37 kuid2:2512:2376:5 (trainload sector petroleum with centre hc's) work in TANE ? As i've been requested by NV3 by email to perform an error checking parse on one or more of my reskinned assets and as i don't own / use TANE i can't exactly check in the new game. I won't be running / using TANE until i purchase a new computer which could be a while yet. The asset mentioned in the email was

KUID:441222:37428 - BR Blue Large Logo Class 37428 Weathered [CF] 'David Lloyd George'

I know it had a few warnings in TS12 concerning the alias asset, the trainz number, the null texture-kuid light attachments and 2 uniform colours concerning 'depot' tga & the 'depot2' tga. Most of them are easily sorted such as the uniform colours and the texture-kuid warnings. The only one i don't think i can get rid of is the aliased one as Pikkabird states that his mesh cannot be used in any other asset other than to alias one of his.
Work to live not live to work.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Just downloaded the petroleum sector 37 and it works 'straight out the box'.

The second one shows as faulty and has a load of warnings, the crucial error being "The KUID tag is not a valid KUID value: 'NULL'."
Warbo40
Forum Veteran

Post by Warbo40 »

PFX wrote:Just downloaded the petroleum sector 37 and it works 'straight out the box'.

The second one shows as faulty and has a load of warnings, the crucial error being "The KUID tag is not a valid KUID value: 'NULL'."
Yes, i remedied that one by deleting all the "NULL" lines in the config but that was common with that type of asset not to long ago and it didn't show even as a warning. What's the minimum trainz-build now that can be uploaded ?
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Warbo40 wrote:Yes, i remedied that one by deleting all the "NULL" lines in the config but that was common with that type of asset not to long ago and it didn't show even as a warning. What's the minimum trainz-build now that can be uploaded ?
I may be wrong, but 3.6 or 3.7 rings a bell.
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

Warbo40 wrote:
PFX wrote:Just downloaded the petroleum sector 37 and it works 'straight out the box'.

Yes, i remedied that one by deleting all the "NULL" lines in the config but that was common with that type of asset not to long ago and it didn't show even as a warning. What's the minimum trainz-build now that can be uploaded ?
Minimum build is 3.5 until October 2016.
Cheers

Malc

Warbo40
Forum Veteran

Post by Warbo40 »

The reskinned asset of mine & tmz06003 mentioned above has now been updated to trainz-build 3.5 on my CMP which showed up 3 faults those being "origin", "asset-filename" & "alias". The "origin" & "asset-filename" faults were easily sorted by deleting them from the config but as mentioned above the only way of getting rid of the "alias" fault would be to copy & paste all the required files from Pikkabird's asset to which it is aliased into the 37428 asset. But to my knowledge i can't do that without getting permission from Pikkabird to do so unless someone knows any better. Contacting Pikkabird is also another matter as well as i very much doubt i could get hold of Pikkabird as he hasn't been in the trainz (creative) fraternity for quite some time now.

Has anyone got his latest email addres by any chance so i can request permission to use his files in my reskins so as to update them so they can be used in TANE ?
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

Might want to have read of this in the TrainDev forum re aliases and the "new method" http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthre ... nd-Reskins
Cheers

Malc

Warbo40
Forum Veteran

Post by Warbo40 »

Thanks clam i've read through it but i don't understand a thing from http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/inde ... g_an_alias at all. :?