What command do I need to do this please?

General Trainz discussion and questions.
signalnorth
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: 2009

What command do I need to do this please?

Post by signalnorth »

Something I've never quite got to grips with in TRAINZ is this:-

I wish to jump in the cab of a loco that does not have a driver attached to it.
I want to go, say, to station A but I want to actually use the controls of the loco to get there.
What command do I need to activate so that the computer sets up junctions & signals (other traffic permitting course) that will take me to the correct destination?

I can of course get there with 'navigate to ' but that of course does not allow me to actually drive the loco.

Can anyone advise please?
davies_mike57
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: 12 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 102457

Re: What command do I need to do this please?

Post by davies_mike57 »

Hi,
You have probably worked out this problem by now, however just want to give some feedback on the issue.

There must be a driver attached to a cab of a locomotive in order to press the digit one and enter the cab for user control.

You can assign a driver to a loco in driver mode.
Click on the new driver on the left of screen then with a crosshatch displayed click on any loco with no driver attached.
Press digit one and enter the cab.
Remember you can set the easy mode driving in the session editor setup.
Cheers :D
davidbird
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 90955

Re: What command do I need to do this please?

Post by davidbird »

You need the "Manual Autodrive" Command. Unfortunately it does not exist.

You will need to set up the route for your train in session rules, then drive it manually. That is quite a complex procedure if you are not used to rules, commands etc, but it can be done. It is a "one-off", ie you cannot jump into a train cab and choose where to go to, but then real-life train drivers don't do that either!

In TS12, I've used the Path Rule, Path Library and Path Command, by _mutton_ (with the underscores) that are builtin to TS12. Unfortunately these are not compatible with TANE, hopefully the "Interlocking Towers" - Signal Boxes to us -in TANE SP1 will do this.

If you are interested in how to setup the mutton path rule in TS12, I'll go through it on here for you.