Selected S&C content uploaded to the DLS.

General Trainz discussion and questions.
Mike10
Milepost 1

Selected S&C content uploaded to the DLS.

Post by Mike10 »

I have just uploaded the first batch of the assets from the Settle and Carlisle route to the DLS.
This is the scenery people which match the S&C passenger set.
They are updated to build 3.5 and are error free in TS12 and T:ANE.

We have done this to assist people who use the S&C assets on their own route and who will now have them available for all if their route is distributed.

We'll be organising the upload of further sets of assets in the near future.
We will not be uploading the route or sessions, the locomotives and rolling stock (except maybe the coaches), or any of the major route specific scenery items (e.g. Carlisle station).

Mike.
Itareus
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 06/TC3/09/10/12/TANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 243828

Re: Selected S&C content uploaded to the DLS.

Post by Itareus »

That's very good news for UK route builders, thank you Mike & the rest of the team.

Chris M
CaptEngland
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: trainz+

Post by CaptEngland »

Hi Mike.

Does this mean that S&C is never going to be updated for T:ANE in regards of stock and, as you say, stations and (I guess) industry's? Sounds more and more that T:ANE is not for the British users anymore! :|

Regards.

CaptEngland.
uktrainzfan
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: T:ANE SP2
Trainz Build: 90945

Post by uktrainzfan »

From reading threads in that other forum a reasonable conclusion is that the priority for railsim.co.uk group is updating the Potteries Loop Line to TANE. Currently they seem to have problems with getting the sessions to work with TANE being a 'moving target'.

Someone asked about an S&C update of both route and content but no commitment was forthcoming on either.
Mike10
Milepost 1

Post by Mike10 »

I can't really argue with that assesment.
We've made a file available on the website to correct the errors and enable the S&C route and content to load in T:ANE.
That's all the 'T:ANE updates for S&C' for the moment. The content will now all work in T:ANE, but it is still the same content you had before.

As for 'improving' S&C to make use of T:ANE features, if it happens then that would definitely come after PLL has been sorted out.
Some of the S&C content was built 12 years ago, that's a lot of 'Trainz years'.

Mike.
glbotu
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2004,2010,2012
Author KUID: 181246

Post by glbotu »

Does this mean I can upload routes with S&C content without fear of people having a go at me for including payware in a freeware route?
CaptEngland
Milepost 3

Post by CaptEngland »

Mike10 wrote:I can't really argue with that assesment.
We've made a file available on the website to correct the errors and enable the S&C route and content to load in T:ANE.
That's all the 'T:ANE updates for S&C' for the moment. The content will now all work in T:ANE, but it is still the same content you had before.

As for 'improving' S&C to make use of T:ANE features, if it happens then that would definitely come after PLL has been sorted out.
Some of the S&C content was built 12 years ago, that's a lot of 'Trainz years'.

Mike.
Hi Mike.

I have just found out that you guys added the update file on the S&C site. Thanks for the support on that. I still remember the old uktrainz forum on which I won a copy of TC3 back in the day. It just goes to show how well made the route and rolling stock was back then, that people still use it today! A big thanks on the enjoyment the team has given over the years.

Am I right in believing DEM data was used to make this route? I have tried to link the S&C route up with the old Railwaves WCML payware but found the route base boards don't line up correctly, unless I have done something wrong. I'm sure back on the old forum, someone managed to do this? Anyone with answers on this or a work around?

Regards.
CaptEngland
Mike10
Milepost 1

Post by Mike10 »

CaptEngland wrote:Am I right in believing DEM data was used to make this route?
I don't think it is DEM, I believe Andrew contour traced the relevant maps.

Mike.
Mike10
Milepost 1

Post by Mike10 »

glbotu wrote:Does this mean I can upload routes with S&C content without fear of people having a go at me for including payware in a freeware route?
For the content we upload, yes.
we won't be putting 100% of it up there though.

Mike.
CaptEngland
Milepost 3

Post by CaptEngland »

Mike10 wrote:
CaptEngland wrote:Am I right in believing DEM data was used to make this route?
I don't think it is DEM, I believe Andrew contour traced the relevant maps.

Mike.
Thanks for the answer Mike. He did a very good job then. I did a DEM of the route down to Leeds once, just south of where the line ends at Skipton. The line and small river was about two small squares off to the left compared to my DEM data. It was a bit more out of line south of Carlisle when I managed to link up the base boards with the Railwaves payware route. This is the reason why I thought I had done something wrong in TransDem!

My TS12 is having an bit of an asset fit at the moment (another EDB rebuild), but once I get it up and running again, I will try to get some screen shots up on the issue. Now I know that the S&C route was not DEM, I can use artistic licence and blend the routes in more. Just a shame that my mega route version can never be uploaded anywhere of course due to the two routes copyright reasons (so no gimme pigs, please!). My own use only. :mrgreen:

Best regards.
CaptEngland
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Post by Class172 »

I wasn't even aware of a WCML route by railwaves; I've never seen any pictures from it. I'm sure they weren't selling it by the time I had started to buy any products.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Apologies for taking the thread further off topic but the Payware route was called "Trainz Terrainz UK Vol:1 West Coast Mainline - Carlisle to Preston" and was very basic compared to what we expect today , though it did come with basic models of the stations at : Preston , Lancaster , Carnforth , Oxenholme , Penrith and Carlisle .
There's one listed on eBay : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRAINZ-TERRAI ... 1392051280

Designed for use with Trainz 2004 it was produced by Snowsignal . Vol.2 was planned to be the Great Western Mainline but it never made it to release other than a pack of custom buildings from the route (Pack included Didcot station and steam depot , Reading station and depot etc.) .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
davies_mike57
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: 12 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 102457

Post by davies_mike57 »

Purchased a copy of Trainz Classics 3 with the Skipton, Settle to Carlisle route many years ago.
There is a good set of MK1 coaches available for the TC3 from this site:
http://www.trainzclassics.co.uk/
For some unknown reason a lot of these assets are not listed on the Trainz download station.
Would be great if the MK1 coach livery packs could be converted for Trainz Simulator 12 (build 61388).
davies_mike57
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: 12 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 102457

Post by davies_mike57 »

Hi mike10

Very glad to see that you have updated and loaded into the Trainz Download Centre the BR MK1 series coaches from the TC3 site.
This is now great for making some demo sessions for downloaded layouts like the Tristyn & District or any other old freeware British routes.
Well done mike10

davies_mike57 :D