T:ANE offline installer?

General Trainz discussion and questions.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

T:ANE offline installer?

Post by Mightyena »

Hi, not really sure where this is best suited for, so please move it if it fits better elsewhere...

So basically, Windows 10 threw a massive tantrum a few days ago, and needed completely reinstalling on my desktop PC. Naturally, this required reinstalling TS12 and T:ANE. TS12 installed fine, but T:ANE has hit a snag:

My desktop does not have reliable/fast internet access. it's good enough to appease T:ANE's validation servers and the DLS, but there's no way I can download the 7.7GB installer on it, it just drops out far too often (usually about half an hour to an hour into the 11 hour download it just gives up and says it failed to download, and has to start again). For most web browsing and downloads, I have to use my laptop, which has much better signal. The trouble is, I can't seem to find a way to download the setup without running it on that device. back before SP1, there was an option to just download the setup files without running them, is that still an option somewhere? If so, I can't find it.

Could anyone point me in the right direction, or am I out of luck?

Thanks for any help
James M, creator of the
network
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Re: T:ANE offline installer?

Post by blackwatch13 »

Shane is your first stop, what that lad don't know about Trainz, ain't worth knowing.

Give Shaneturner a shout, he'll sort it for you.
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
Peter White
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: TRS22+

Post by Peter White »

shaneturner12
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TS12/TANE CE
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 234888

Post by shaneturner12 »

I have enquired regarding an offline installer with N3V's Helpdesk which when I last looked wasn't available on the Download T:ANE page. Unfortunately they haven't yet added it.

Shane

P.S. My knowledge side is normally on the technical side of Trainz although I sometimes deal with other areas as well.

EDIT: I've just replied to my ticket regarding it on N3V's Helpdesk to hopefully get things moved on a bit.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

Thanks for the replies, although after a few days it finally managed to download successfully and install using the online installer.

Still, would be useful to have an offline version for those of us with limited data/unreliable internet, in case we need to reinstall multiple times. 7.7GB is a rather big chunk out of most mobile data packages!
James M, creator of the
network