sig dorman LH LED Limit Of Shunt signal - nexusdj

General Trainz discussion and questions.
stuartluff
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: Mac

sig dorman LH LED Limit Of Shunt signal - nexusdj

Post by stuartluff »

How do I get AI trains to pass this signal? Maybe I'm using it wrong. I know its an absolute signal but if the line continues should trains not 'shunting' be able to pass?

I have the Sig T Danger set afterwards but AI trains still won't pass.

Im not entirely sure I've put it in the right place as it sits on a spur line from the main. Have a look at the diagram and tell me if its wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stuartluff
Milepost 3

Re: sig dorman LH LED Limit Of Shunt signal - nexusdj

Post by stuartluff »

Ive now changed the layout. I think my understanding of that signal is not correct so I'm reading up on shunting again :oops:
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

In simple terms it is the same as a fixed red signal , used as limit marker for shunting in the wrong direction (Bang road movement) along a single direction line .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
stuartluff
Milepost 3

Post by stuartluff »

Nexusdj wrote:In simple terms it is the same as a fixed red signal , used as limit marker for shunting in the wrong direction (Bang road movement) along a single direction line .

Thanks Nexus. Ive changed the layout now so they are used as they should be. Making good use of your Dorman signals by the way ;) I'll try and get some route pics uploaded to see what people think. Just trying to create a session but even though I have the Route layer locked and Im editing the session layer whenever I place a trigger I then can't move or delete the damn thing so I m trying to figure that out now. Trains is a lesson in frustration at times. :cry:
ScottAS2
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 95078
Author KUID: 306203

Post by ScottAS2 »

stuartluff wrote:Im editing the session layer whenever I place a trigger I then can't move or delete the damn thing so I m trying to figure that out now. Trains is a lesson in frustration at times. :cry:
Aye, I get that as well on Trainz Mac 2. It's the same for trackmarks as well. I suspect it's a bug. The workaround is to save the session, close Surveyor, and re-enter, at which point the triggers and trackmarks will become editable/movable/deletable again.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

(Deep breath in...) The idea is that a train making a shunting move does not tresspass onto the overlap of the signal in the rear which could cause signal aspects of signals preceding the one in the rear to start fluctuating (if that doesn't sound too complicated :? .) ...deep breath out :| )

Dave
stuartluff
Milepost 3

Post by stuartluff »

cyberdonblue wrote:(Deep breath in...) The idea is that a train making a shunting move does not tresspass onto the overlap of the signal in the rear which could cause signal aspects of signals preceding the one in the rear to start fluctuating (if that doesn't sound too complicated :? .) ...deep breath out :| )

Dave
Sort of makes sense :lol:
stuartluff
Milepost 3

Post by stuartluff »

ScottAS2 wrote:
stuartluff wrote:Im editing the session layer whenever I place a trigger I then can't move or delete the damn thing so I m trying to figure that out now. Trains is a lesson in frustration at times. :cry:
Aye, I get that as well on Trainz Mac 2. It's the same for trackmarks as well. I suspect it's a bug. The workaround is to save the session, close Surveyor, and re-enter, at which point the triggers and trackmarks will become editable/movable/deletable again.
Submitted a ticket about this the other day. N3V have concluded it is a bug but will not be fixed as they are now concentrating on TANE - which also doesn't work on my system due to another bug. So I'm kinda SOOL. Will have to keep about 4 backups just incase my route gets destroyed and keep saving and reopening :roll:

UPDATE: This workaround doesnt work for me so Ive spent ages creating a route and now can't use the damn thing. I absolutely fed up of Auran and their crap software. I doubt i'll be bothering with Trainz any more as just seem to spend more time fixing bugs than actually using the software. Shame too as Ive spent months building great looking route. Ive sent them a nice email about it. Doubt they will do sod all about it though.
ricky25
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE/19/22
Trainz Build: 119451
Author KUID: 238689

Post by ricky25 »

Triggers and trackmarks can be moved via the track objects menu (ie. The middle one)
stuartluff
Milepost 3

Post by stuartluff »

ricky25 wrote:Triggers and trackmarks can be moved via the track objects menu (ie. The middle one)
No they can't. Its a bug in the Mac version. NV3 have acknowledged it as a bug and said they won't be fixing it. So I can't use Trainz Mac1 because Displacement Maps don't work, I can't use Trainz Mac 2 because I can't create sessions and I can't use TANE: Mac because of a massive graphical bug which they also cannot fix. I sent them a nicely worded email about and my ticket got shut down. So I'm pretty much done with Trainz now. Not sure if I should pass on my route for someone to actually get some use out of it though. I'll have a think.