Changes to DLS and Repair process

General Trainz discussion and questions.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Changes to DLS and Repair process

Post by clam1952 »

Suggest people might want to read this long post on the up and coming changes to the DLS. http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthre ... ir-Updates
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Re: Changes to DLS and Repair process

Post by Nexusdj »

I initially read it and thought great they are going to allow us to upload lower build numbers again (Pikkabird 37 alias problem sorted) , Then I read it again and realised that all that means is new content with lower (non current) build numbers can be uploaded , but the system will flag it for repair by the new "hit squad" so they can upgrade it to a current build number.

Content with missing dependencies (including routes) will where possible have replacement (same kuid) items built and placed on the DLS , but that doesn't necessarily mean that the replacement items will be the same , i.e. train vehicle with bogie missing may have a different bogie attached to it instead to make it work !!

The current DLS repair system that is open to everyman and his dog will be closed :
I personally think that's a good thing as a fair bit of damage was caused by a small minority repairing content when they didn't have a clue how to fix it , other than blitzing config entries to turn off errors . The new setup with its paper trail of who fixed what will be ideal as it wont take long to weed out any clueless repairers .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Actually there will be no build updating just checking it isn't going to produce a fault in TANE and only fixing if required. If it's uploaded at 3.5 that's what it should stay at, might find issues with say 1.3 that might have to be upgraded to 2.4 to enable use of a mesh table. The only reason stuff had to have the build upgraded before was because the DLS would reject anything below 3.5, there wasn't any need to go higher, that restriction should at some point be removed.
Kind of gives away that I'm a member of the group set up to discuss this.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Thanks for that additional information , that's good to know that I will be able to upload aliased content using the old 2.9 method . Plenty of class 37 liveries that haven't been done yet ;)

Let the team know I intend to keep them busy :lol:
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!