Points keep changing while train is crossing them

General Trainz discussion and questions.
Jay325i
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: 2012
Trainz Build: 61297

Points keep changing while train is crossing them

Post by Jay325i »

Hi folks,

First of all I had a hunt to see if this was already a thread but did not find anything related, still a noob.
So my problem is I am in the progress of building a route and I have a double line down and both tracks
have the "CHN L + R" think thats the name but they are pieces of track with detailed animated points and
my problem is every time a train switches to the 3rd and 4th lines the points will switch track while the train
is crossing it. Very annoying as it derails the consist. Only does it on certain trains. I also may add that while
the train is using the points another train is waiting to join that track from behind and proceed on the track that
the first train switched over from, hope its not too hard to figure out what I'm saying. Much help appreciated and
if more info is needed then I'd be happy to add.

Thanks

Jay
davies_mike57
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: 12 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 102457

Re: Points keep changing while train is crossing them

Post by davies_mike57 »

Hi jay325i

Also noticed the problem with the TS12.
This problem disappeared when installing the Trainz Simulator 12 service pack 1 upgraded to version 3.7 (build 61388).
Try updating the product to this version to resolve the issue.

Mike Davies
Jay325i
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: 2012
Trainz Build: 61297

Post by Jay325i »

Thank you, didn't even know there was an upgrade. I have Trainz 12 since 2015 and only just realised I had a trial FCT for downloading :)
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

Just a note about SP1 (build 61388) - if your experience is anything like mine, it fixes a load of bugs (such as this one and the one where Trainz crashes when merging routes), but performance is FAR worse than it was in build 49922. Went from 50fps average to 13fps, with frequent stuttering and the game would occasionally just hang for anything from 5 minutes to an hour. The only way to have a playable experience was to go back to 49922.

Hopefully it will work fine for you, but just a heads up from my experience.

^Happened on 5 separate PCs I've tried it on, so probably not just my computer either...
James M, creator of the
network