Modern (1990's) U.K. Based signalling

General Trainz discussion and questions.
Shippy2013
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61383

Modern (1990's) U.K. Based signalling

Post by Shippy2013 »

Hi all. I know this has probably been covered somewhere but I can't find anything after a bit of searching. Is there some sort of dummy's guide on how to set up the theatre signalling system to show routes and platform number on approach or exit of a large(ish) station in TS12. I've downloaded all the bits (I think, off the VSR Website) but can't seem to get anything to work properly, I place the correct signal and place the feather or route indicator on the track it is to show but nothing happens to the signal. I have built a somewhat modified version of Nottingham midland station but am having problems getting the signals to look realistic showing any form of route indication i.e. Platform number 1-9 and exit routes i.e. F (Fast), S (Slow), etc.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Re: Modern (1990's) U.K. Based signalling

Post by Mightyena »

if you placed the signal before the indicators, you'll need to use the 'properties' tool (question mark icon), click on the signal and select 'update route indication'. This makes the signal look again for any indicators placed after it.

Also note, there needs to be another signal at some point on the track after the indicator, otherwise the first signal will just show red.
Also, if you have indicators after a junction, the signal won't pick up indicators unless the junction is set correctly:

Signal 1 ___Junction____________Signal 2___
______________\____Indicator_____Signal 3___

in the above example, the signal would not detect the indicator board if the junction was set to route trains to the upper line. As soon as you change the junction to point to the lower line, Signal 1 will detect and display whatever is on the Indicator.

Hope that helped a little,
James
James M, creator of the
network