Trainz Model Railroad 2017

General Trainz discussion and questions.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Trainz Model Railroad 2017

Post by Nexusdj »

Info for those who don't frequent the Auran forum or receive the weekly N3V Trainz newsletter .

A new Version of Trainz (TANE) called Trainz Model Railroad 2017 (TMR2017) is being released on the 4th December 2016 .
info here : http://www.trainzportal.com/product/vie ... f62d603adb
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
amigacooke
Milepost 3

Re: Trainz Model Railroad 2017

Post by amigacooke »

So, not much interest then ;)
gamerouche
Past 250!

Post by gamerouche »

Definitely no interest from me as it appears there's no new UK locos or rolling stock included and priced at US $49.99 which equates to around £39.70 Sterling seems rather expensive.

Although the 3 UK layouts look rather good, the lack of any new vehicles puts me off plus I've no interest in any of the foreign routes.

Sorry NV3 :cry:

Gam
Itareus
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 06/TC3/09/10/12/TANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 243828

Post by Itareus »

Oh, NOW you have upset me Gamerouche, I was relying on the royalties from 'Appen' (as part of theTMR package) to supplement my miserable railway pension. Will have to cancel the birthday trip to Barbados to celebrate my 65th birthday and have a bottle of super strong cider on the park bench with all my old poverty stricken ex railway colleges instead :D.

Joking apart, just a thought but would anyone be interested if the UK routes/layouts were to be marketed separately (to integrate with TANE) for a fairly small sum per route? Maybe some of the older (payware) UK Trainz locos and stock could be bundled in the purchase ?

I have already started on some 'modern image' (essentially BR Blue) variations of the route and this time I will be creating the sessions myself, I could not manage that for this release due to real life issues, so N3V did them. I would very probably introduce some more sessions based on correct train operating which could be fun!

Incidentally 'Appen' took me around 2 years to complete to its current state, working a lot of hours per day. This includes custom scenery and assets which I released to the DLS for everybody to use FOC.

Please contribute to this poor old pensioners fund to supplement me in my senile days, thank you so much.

Signed, Dr Richard Beeching (AKA Baron Beeching).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6OHD2uCpfU

Comments on the back of a five pound note please chaps...

Chris M
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Sadly £40 was too much for me to consider purchasing this as well . I'm waiting to see how much the individual routes are going to be as the UK routes look superb .
The only downside is given the increase in build number I suppose we'll have to wait for service pack 2 to be released .
gamerouche
Past 250!

Post by gamerouche »

According to the latest blurb from NV3, I can now purchase Trainz Model Railroad 2017 with a discount of $14 as I've been awarded a $2 bonus for every Trainz product I've bought & registered previously.
This now equates to a cost of £28.59 which seems to be a reasonable deal so I will purchase it. I do like the look of the UK layouts.

@ Itareus, hope that's better news for you. :D

Regards

Gam
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Nexusdj wrote:Sadly £40 was too much for me to consider purchasing this as well . I'm waiting to see how much the individual routes are going to be as the UK routes look superb .
The only downside is given the increase in build number I suppose we'll have to wait for service pack 2 to be released .
Probably going to be more expensive than just buying TMR17, keeping well away from this, model Railways are not my thing anyway and looking at the problems arising due to people trying to run TANE MR routes in TMR17, having failed to understand just what different Content Set means and finding lots of TANE builtin stuff missing, should be some fun with irate posters over at N3V pretty soon.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

I've amassed an $18 discount for supporting Trainz over the years , So I might use that towards purchasing TMR but I'm going to wait till day 15 as I've got a feeling they are going to reduce it just for that day , well I'm hoping anyway ;)
Itareus
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 06/TC3/09/10/12/TANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 243828

Post by Itareus »

gamerouche wrote:@ Itareus, hope that's better news for you. :D
Might manage a day trip to Hunstanton now :).

Version compatibility issues should be resolved in SP2, why the versions are out of step I have no idea ! Tech guys not talking to the commercial dept and vice versa ?

Comments on the layout welcome, I'm already working on a few more new layouts so feedback is useful to determine the future ideas.

Chris M