Cabs with native AWS

General Trainz discussion and questions.
evertrainz
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TS 2012
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 160471

Cabs with native AWS

Post by evertrainz »

It’s a copy-paste from my N3V forum post, but feel free to reply here as well!

Could anyone point me to some UK locos with cabs that have AWS fitted properly (with their own Soundscripts, ‘sunflower’ indicator’, etc.)? The only one I’m finding is the Deltic cab from 2014.

Reason I ask is because I am making some changes to the AWSLib script that handles the HTML, sounds, and cab scripts. The current HUD UI looks dated and hasn’t been changed since 2008, I’ve made some visual upgrades. Also, the sounds have also been updated, among many other things.

If there’s any other gripe or bug/suggestion/request that you have with the AWS handling in Trainz, please feel free to let me know and I’ll try my hand.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Re: Cabs with native AWS

Post by PFX »

I'd have to check but does the updated 37 cab not have it? Will confirm later.

It'll be good to see an update to the HUD version. It certainly helps add a bit of depth to the in cab experience. One suggestion I have for consideration is as well as a traditional bell and buzzer version as currently exists, adding the more modern 'ping' and buzzer type sounds for modern image stock. I certainly have a recording of the ping somewhere and I'm sure I could get the modern version of the buzzer.

Cheers,
Innis
evertrainz
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TS 2012
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 160471

Post by evertrainz »

PFX wrote:I'd have to check but does the updated 37 cab not have it? Will confirm later.

It'll be good to see an update to the HUD version. It certainly helps add a bit of depth to the in cab experience. One suggestion I have for consideration is as well as a traditional bell and buzzer version as currently exists, adding the more modern 'ping' and buzzer type sounds for modern image stock. I certainly have a recording of the ping somewhere and I'm sure I could get the modern version of the buzzer.

Cheers,
Innis
Not too sure about the 37 cab - who is it by?

If you look into the existing "AWSLib" asset there already is a buzzer and ping sound; these can be used when you tick the "use modern soundset for unfitted" versions. However, all of the sounds included are quite old and don't have a starting hiss and tail-off like you would hear in real-life. I've scripted the option to use "three-part" AWS warning sounds using config extensions (for new cabs) in AWS-fitted cabs.

I've also gone ahead and added two different sets of UI graphics based on the locomotive you choose in a cab config tag; if there is no tag, then it will default to whichever setting is chosen in the AWSConfig session rule (modern UI is used by default if, you guessed it, 'use modern soundset for unfitted' is selected :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaqbJsd ... e=youtu.be
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

evertrainz wrote: If you look into the existing "AWSLib" asset there already is a buzzer and ping sound; these can be used when you tick the "use modern soundset for unfitted" versions. However, all of the sounds included are quite old and don't have a starting hiss and tail-off like you would hear in real-life. I've scripted the option to use "three-part" AWS warning sounds using config extensions (for new cabs) in AWS-fitted cabs.
What's that they say about everyday being a school day? I never even realised there was an option... :oops:
bj1888
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TANE

Post by bj1888 »

I really like those new sounds.

One thing about the existing AWSLib, when the camera is not in the cab view it always plays the buzzer sound even if the ping sound was selected.
Another problem I've come across occasionally is the warning buzzer never ending. I suspect it's related to changing views while it is playing but I've never been able to replicate it. So maybe some way to entirely reset the AWSLib system would be useful, as the only other way to stop the buzzer was to end the session.

Something I'd like is an option to minimize or hide just the AWS HUD. With the 158 I'm working on I was thinking of adding a small AWS reset icon to the custom controls HUD, similar to the little foot pedal icon I have for the driver's safety device. You can see that in the first cab image here. http://forum.british-trainz.co.uk/viewt ... =12&t=3966 (I'm still not sure of the best way to do it though. Probably just a little sunflower with a red circle around it to indicate the warning sound and you just click it to acknowledge the AWS.) So with that you wouldn't need the AWS HUD at all and hiding it would help reduce screen clutter.

Brendan