Problem with peterhicks Mk4’s DVT

General Trainz discussion and questions.
Shippy2013
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61383

Problem with peterhicks Mk4’s DVT

Post by Shippy2013 »

I have an issue with the Mk4’s DVT by peterhicks I get a script bug when my consist reverses and the driver has to go to the DVT. I also cannot place a driver in the DVT. If I replace the Mk4’s DVT with a Nexusdj Mk3’s dvt all works fine, (I thought it might be because I wasn’t marshalling the Mk4’s as the script for lettering requires as this also bugged but with the Mk3’s DVT It all works fine except there’s no gangway between the DVT and the PO. Has anybody else had issues with the mk4’s?
ScottAS2
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 95078
Author KUID: 306203

Re: Problem with peterhicks Mk4’s DVT

Post by ScottAS2 »

Shippy2013 wrote:Has anybody else had issues with the mk4’s?
Yes. There are a number of problems with the Mark 4s, no doubt due to them having only reaching beta status when Peter Hicks disappeared. The most severe ones can be dealt with by some relatively simple changes in the config.txt file.

Firstly, the DVT has the "engine" tag set to "0". This means that Trainz treats it as a passive piece of rolling stock, rather than a locomotive with controls. I don't remember having the exactly problems you describe, but changing this tag to "1" fixed all sorts of strange behaviours for me. The second small tweak I've made to the DVT is the "enginespec" tag. Out of the box, it is <kuid2:146848:50002:1>, which is a Class 89 engine spec! This provides slightly more horsepower than the Mark 4 DVT has in real life. ;-) I've changed it to <kuid:45317:102635>, which is Nexusdj's Mark 3 DVT enginefile, though in principle you could replace it with whatever you saw fit, or even make your own.

The other change I made that vastly improved the performance of the Intercity 225 was to the other carriages. They have an enginespec of <kuid:-1:42004201>. This is a very generic - and I think possibly even unbraked - wagon enginespec. I've replaced this with <kuid:368699:50002>, which is a built-in Mark 3 coach enginespec. This vastly improves their performance, particularly in terms of stopping distance. Again, other enginespecs are available.
Shippy2013
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61383

Re: Problem with peterhicks Mk4’s DVT

Post by Shippy2013 »

Thanks I’ll implement these and see what happens.

EDIT: I have know made the above changes, Exept the DVT engine spec. And all now works great. Thanks. incidentally the Lettering script error has also disappeared and I changed nothing else. Curious :D