Streaming on Twitch for Trainz route building help

General Trainz discussion and questions.
car112
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 116313
Author KUID: 533914

Streaming on Twitch for Trainz route building help

Post by car112 »

Hello everyone. I've been thinking about something for awhile.

Every so often, as I edit or build a route, I sometimes stumble upon a junction, crossover, or the start of a branchline that looks unrealistic. In other words, I would have to post screenshots of the junctions that don't look right and can be assumed to be unrealistic.

What I mean is that I would like to do a Twitch stream this summer, showcasing a route that I'm editing and will be private. In Surveyor mode, I will begin the stream at one location on the layout and scan along the tracks, focusing on junctions, signals, and stations. Feedback would be greatly appreciated during the stream. I can't release this route to beta testers because it's private.

I will try to host a Twitch stream in May after I'm done with final exams and I would need to know how many people are interested in helping me fix things on my route. It would be greatly appreciated.

If a twitch stream isn't necessary, then I'll just post screenshots of the route instead.

Thank you very much and stay awesome.
ScottAS2
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 95078
Author KUID: 306203

Re: Streaming on Twitch for Trainz route building help

Post by ScottAS2 »

That's a really interesting idea for how to use Twitch. If you got a group of the right sort of people together, I imagine you could come up with quite a collaboration.

That said, the fly in the ointment is thus: those helping would need to be around at the same time you're around building the route. One of the great advantages of posting screenshots in a forum such as this is that you can recieve suggestions from people who are active at a range of times - because of work, timezone, etc., etc. - and they can also take time to consider their response and look out supporting documents. So: it's not a silver bullet, but it's probably worth a try.
car112
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 116313
Author KUID: 533914

Re: Streaming on Twitch for Trainz route building help

Post by car112 »

ScottAS2 wrote:That's a really interesting idea for how to use Twitch. If you got a group of the right sort of people together, I imagine you could come up with quite a collaboration.

That said, the fly in the ointment is thus: those helping would need to be around at the same time you're around building the route. One of the great advantages of posting screenshots in a forum such as this is that you can recieve suggestions from people who are active at a range of times - because of work, timezone, etc., etc. - and they can also take time to consider their response and look out supporting documents. So: it's not a silver bullet, but it's probably worth a try.
I see. I think I'll consider posting screenshots instead of using Twitch. Thank you.