Railroad Simulator 2019

General Trainz discussion and questions.
Jacks trainz
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2022
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 672927

Re: Railroad Simulator 2019

Post by Jacks trainz »

Nothing wrong with a tea maker!

Does look like it's set back a few years ago, just by looking at the scenery.

Jack,
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Think you will find that is the existing Cornwall route running in 2019 probably unaltered, from TrainzDev it appears some of the new graphics effects are automatically applied.

You can edit things like track sounds it's only routes and assets that are locked, by the way some of us need clanking buffers and track joint sounds, we are not all obsessed with the new tin cans on jointless welded track. :roll:
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

I'm all in favour of clanking rusty buffer sounds, Malc, but not when it's a passenger train - be it Mk I's, Class 323's, HST's or any other type of stock. I'm also very much in favour of track joint sounds, though it would be nice to be able to be a little bit selective about where you could curtail them. That clickety-clack sound is something of a melancholy comfort to us older folk and it invokes memories of halcyon days in many of us. However, something a little better than two coconuts clapping together would be a lot more convincing. ;)

Cheers

Dave
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

A simple tag in the tracks config to turn on or off the jointed track sounds would be nice ....

Rail-sounds_jointed 0

I've modified the internal sounds to my own liking including removing that clanging metal box sound for the points .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

The Coconuts seem to be less intrusive in the latest just released beta either that or I need a hearing aid!
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

Am I right in thinking that the coconuts could be turned of in Trainz 12 - but not TANE - or did I imagine that?
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

In TS12 you could add an additional line to the "trainzoptions" file :
-disablerailjointsound

That's not an option in TANE so you can either tackle it the way I did by altering the built-in sounds or by adding an additional tag into the config files of each track that you don't want the sounds on :
is_silent 1

From a TH post on the Auran forum :If set (1), this boolean tag disables the playing of per-axle sounds for vehicles on the spline

As for altering the built-in sounds to turn them off completely or to alter them to a different sound :

Davesnow has a tutorial on the Auran forum that shows you how to alter the sounds using Audacity (3rd post down) :
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthr ... ight=sound
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

cyberdonblue wrote:
When interlocking towers first appeared Nexusdj and I had a drawn out row with TH and others on the main forum over the way interlocking towers worked because it obsoleted all of the Snowsignal based British signals. TH's first reply to my complaint was, "Tough!" After more than a few cross words, some sort of truce was eventually reached and Dave (Nexusdj) got together with Andi Smith (R.I.P) to try and resolve the matter with a new script or something. I'm still not 100% sure what the end result was but I'm told interlocking towers are now compatible with British signals, though I've never tested the statement. However, N3V themselves didn't want to know about a resolution and I personally have never forgotten TH's couldn't care less response. And therein lies the problem. Whenever there is something basic that requires more than the simplest of efforts to resolve, N3V look the other way or tell us that the matter is not high on their list of priorities - or worse still they just tell us, in one form or another, to basically p*ss off. If the community don't find a solution then nobody does. In the words of Metallica, "Sad but True!"
Andi pulled away from working on the project just before Christmas 2016 , that left it in limbo , then the other person working on the project went off and got another Trainz scripter who's heavily involved with the Interlocking towers project to produce a script that will work with Bloodnok's signalling boards and the interlocking towers . At this point I was shut out and only ended up having a token involvement after they uploaded the amended Bloodnok signals to the DLS which weren't compatible with TS12 , Something that could of been easily prevented had I been involved from the start .

As it stands now I have once again been shut out , So I am unable to add these scripts to my signals and enquiries so far have been met with a wall of silence .

My signals still work in TANE though are not compatible with the interlocking towers (I don't use that system anyway) and I will continue to release new versions up until N3V issue an update that breaks them . Hopefully in the future a different scripter can be found to help amend Bloodnoks original script to get it fully working in TANE .
If not then I will still carry on .... plenty of other content that can built without the reliance on third party content .
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Very frustrating, Dave. You have my sympathy. I can't understand why some people seem to want to work against each other rather than with each other. After all, we want pretty much the same thing. I'm so glad that the majority of British asset builders that visit here are really helpful and accommodating. I know you've all made MY life so much easier when I've needed to be dug out of a hole, and I thank you all totally sincerely for that.

Cheers

Dave
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Sorry for the double post, folks, but having recently stumbled across this (I seem to be doing a lot of stumbling lately - and without alcoholic assistance :shock: ) I thought how wonderful it might be if we could have simple sounds like this in T:ANE instead of the coconuts (and note the physics in the real world too, although admittedly this is quite modern disc-braked stock.)

Cheers

Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Dave,

An example of good sounds can be found on most of the Armstrong Powerhouse add-ons for The Other Sim. Have a listen to one or two of these and weep. No wonder I do all my driving over there.

Clasp braked Mk1/2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X6SF6wUk5w

Disc braked Mk3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf2yv6bw_aA

and of course, since you mentioned it so recently, class 86. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBc-QQj1Nk4

I think these adequately show where Trainz falls totally flat when it comes to sound. I'm not singing the praises of The Other Sim, just trying to show an example of how much more immersive the driving experience can be with the addition of good sound.
Jacks trainz
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2022
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 672927

Post by Jacks trainz »

The Armstrong powerhouse stuff is excellently done. The realism in the sounds is fantastic. How they record there sounds is quite interesting too!

It would be very nice, if the cababilites in trainz would allow us to create such brilliant relastic sounds with different effects such as steam loco sounds changing when wheel slip is occurring and better flange sounds.

Jack,
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

I'm not suggesting Armstrong Powerhouse would give everyone permission - but I emailed them a few years ago (2012) to see whether I could use their sounds in Trainz - to which I was told "as long as they're for personal use (very important), then you can do what you like with them".

Obviously they won't work in the same way as they do with the other sim - but if you're quite good with something like Audacity or Goldwave, then there are ways you can make the horns, bogies, etc work relatively well within Trainz.

Of course, first of all you would need to buy the sounds, and then you would also need permission from Armstrong Powerhouse to use them within Trainz.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

PFX wrote:Dave,

An example of good sounds can be found on most of the Armstrong Powerhouse add-ons for The Other Sim. Have a listen to one or two of these and weep. No wonder I do all my driving over there.

Clasp braked Mk1/2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X6SF6wUk5w

Disc braked Mk3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf2yv6bw_aA

and of course, since you mentioned it so recently, class 86. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBc-QQj1Nk4

I think these adequately show where Trainz falls totally flat when it comes to sound. I'm not singing the praises of The Other Sim, just trying to show an example of how much more immersive the driving experience can be with the addition of good sound.
It tells you how good they are when a man (such as myself), who worked with all of these things most of his working life, can only find the horn sounds on the 86/87 to whinge about :lol: . They're about a thousand miles off the real sound but, compared to Trainz, they're a whole world closer to reality. I wish we could get those track sounds into Trainz though. They are very good. They're not perfect, but we're not asking for perfect. Just something that sounds like a train running on rails instead of a puppet called Dobbin galloping along in a 1950s kids programme.

Me thinks N3V are penny pinching. If I was TH, I'd be talking to these people yesterday with a view to including their soundpacks as part of the Railroad 2019 miracle upgrade, or whatever American name it is that they've settled on. But then again, these are British sounds and we don't count for much in Trainz in more recent times. It's America or bust for N3V these days. Never mind, maybe one of us can win the Lottery and sort it all out :lol:

Cheers

Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

If I win the lottery, I won't be giving any of it to N3V, you can bet on that!