TRS19

General Trainz discussion and questions.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Re: TRS19

Post by cyberdonblue »

I was at the head of the field when T:ANE came over the horizon. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it; that's why I volunteered for beta testing. It sounded heavenly. With all the goodies that were promised to come with it I was like a kid waiting for Christmas. Slowly, bit by bit, the goodies were pushed back "for release a little later." Then when T:ANE was released, as we all know, it was a mess - and, sadly, we all know how that dragged on.

OK so Trainz 2019 appears to do most of the things it's supposed to do thus far, but most of the reviewers on YouTube have not exactly raved about it. The element of 5/6 of the content being held back (as Tony stated) smacks a little bit of a disasterous T:ANE release in some ways and a certain desperation to get a new product onto the market ASAP - despite T:ANE not having been smoothed out properly and satisfactorily.

Much of the rhetoric I am hearing and reading at the moment sounds very similar to the early days of T:ANE. Yes, I know it's early days and there are teething problems with most software upon release but I can't help sinking into a feeling of de ja vue. The questions and the answers sound so familiar that they all take me back to those painful early days of T:ANE. I have to give N3V 10 out of 10 for "Talking the talk," now if only they could "Walk the walk,"...

I know I'm a miserable old moaning so and so but somebody please tell me it's not just me. Reassure me that, once again, the product hasn't managed to come close to the hype - or have I just learned a hard lesson and now want to wait till Trainz 2019 reaches "the standard" before even considering dipping a toe in the water. :(

Cheers

Dave
robd
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 122418
Author KUID: 345264

Post by robd »

I'm largely in agreement with you, cyberdonblue, apart from the moaning old so & so part!

Don't get me wrong, I would like to have TRS2019 but not whilst it's in the early stages of testing, as it still seems to be currently and certainly not at the pricing regimes currently in place! Hopefully it will come out on offer, perhaps next year but if not then ce la vie, it's not that important to me, life still goes on! Next year, 2019, my daughter and her family, are moving back to UK from Dubai permanently, my grandkids will be my future priority!

Rob.
VernM
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TS2010, TS12 T:ANE
Trainz Build: 96000
Author KUID: 30024

Post by VernM »

Oh I still have my critic's hat on, getting to the first tunnel that needs replacing (old Auran style) brings forth the usual headache of matching a portal to the pipe and finding the dighole removes half the cliff face above. But I *do* like the new (post lighting adjustment) appearance. As others have said elsewhere though, really what TANE should have been but it has taken 4 years and another 50 quid to reach that stage!

Oh and confirmation for Tony. Even on the much more powerful desktop PC, trying to open a route and edit or create a session while downloading extensively in CMP is battling for resources. In this case the route failed to load properly and now frozen on the environmental pop up. Multi tasking not recommended therefore!
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

cyberdonblue wrote:
I know I'm a miserable old moaning so and so but somebody please tell me it's not just me.

Cheers

Dave
No it's not just you Dave, I'm a miserable old moaning so & so as well :lol:
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

blackwatch13 wrote:No it's not just you Dave, I'm a miserable old moaning so & so as well :lol:
:lol: :lol: Thank you Blackwatch, I'll sleep easy tonight knowing I'm not alone in the World :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Dave
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

thilliam wrote:So, that's why Plan A is release the best version of Trainz that we can for 2018.
Where on the Plan scale does the finishing of T:ANE sit exactly? You know, the one we paid for in 2015 that still has annoyances.

Shouldn't that be Plan A? Or is that not important now that you've already had our money for that?
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

blackwatch13 wrote:
cyberdonblue wrote:
I know I'm a miserable old moaning so and so but somebody please tell me it's not just me.

Cheers

Dave
No it's not just you Dave, I'm a miserable old moaning so & so as well :lol:
I'm called a lot worse usually. Far too crude to post here.

A young volunteer at our place who's been away for a while said recently to one of the others, in relation to me, that "he's not as grumpy as I remember him."
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

PFX wrote:...A young volunteer at our place who's been away for a while said recently to one of the others, in relation to me, that "he's not as grumpy as I remember him."
I'm beginning to feel that I'm actually quite carefree and relaxed :lol:

Some of these poor younger ones don't realise the scale of the trials and tribulations they've yet to face. :D Oh to be so fresh and naive again :roll:

Cheers

Dave

PS. I don't think you're grumpy at all Innis :lol:
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

cyberdonblue wrote:PS. I don't think you're grumpy at all Innis :lol:
B****cks!!! :x

I feel we are meandering from the topic of this thread somewhat.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

PFX wrote: B****cks!!! :x...
Quite, and a very accurate description of all the hype surrounding Trainz 2019

Cheers ;)

Dave
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

I stopped taking any notice of hype years ago, nothing anywhere ever does fully what its claimed it does so I don't expect it to ;o)
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
paulper
Milepost 5
Author KUID: 148527

Post by paulper »

Hi,

Is there a new TRS19 procedural track with 3rd rail?

Thanks,
Paul
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

clam1952 wrote:I stopped taking any notice of hype years ago, nothing anywhere ever does fully what its claimed it does so I don't expect it to ;o)
Apart from payment web pages. It's always rather coincidental that payment pages always work as expected and never need service packs or updates to work.

Wouldn't it be great if payment pages were synced to a product's development so that when the payment page detects that a product is only 75% complete, it only charges 75% of the price.

I bet a product would work "out of the box" the day that law is ever introduced ;)
VernM
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TS2010, TS12 T:ANE
Trainz Build: 96000
Author KUID: 30024

Post by VernM »

Apologies if this already mentioned, but just took my first foray into 1930's Cornish Main Line, to find at least two of the stations displaying modern (1970's) BR signage including the double arrow logo. Given this has been lauded as one of the centrepieces in this £55 software package, I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry but contented myself with a hoot of derision... :)

Happy Christmas.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

It doesn't surprise me, Vern. I think they're so desperate to convince us all to buy Train 2019 (I absolutely hate using the title "Railroad") that they've forgotten what it's all about. Am I the only one who, just lately, dumps the so-called newsletter straight into the deleted section of the emails? There is not one ounce of news in them anymore, just a continuous stream of "our best ever version of Trainz" and why haven't you bought it yet? Give us your money. Well, Tony, whilst I feel mightily aggrieved that once again N3V are moving on without finishing what they started in T:ANE, I might have been tempted to dip a toe in the water if you hadn't tried to turn your new toy into a cash cow. The overall approach of N3V has been antagonistic for a while now but, for me personally, this was the proverbial "bridge too far."

Anyway, after my bah-humbug :lol: , Merry Christmas everybody

Cheers

Dave