First Class Tickets

General Trainz discussion and questions.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

First Class Tickets

Post by PFX »

I've just spent ages downloading a single item then realising my FCT expired yesterday so, like the loyal customer I am, I go to the N3V site intending to buy a new FCT. I normally buy a year ticket and currently this is £21, but I see I'm being offered options for a monthly ticket which equates to almost £37/year, or the 'silver membership' verion which is "perfect for TANE owners not upgrading to TRS2019" for a mere £92.

Think I'll stick with my year ticket thanks N3V.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Re: First Class Tickets

Post by cyberdonblue »

I just (this morning)renewed mine too, Innis, having suffered the same fate as you. I couldn't get my head round some of the prices I saw quoted for all this silver and gold membership crap. Talk about a "Cash Cow." How long will it be before we're locked out altogether unless we sign up?

Cheers

Dave
chrisaw
Milepost 3

Post by chrisaw »

If you go to the trainz store they are still advertising the usual first class tickets.

Chris.
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

I have a lifetime license.

Are those not available any more?
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

I never saw anything like that advertised, Dave. In fact, I think I remember TH saying a while back that they would be discontinuing that option (though I might be wrong.) Whilst FCT's are still being advertised and are still on sale, it is the overwhelming push for membership of varying degrees that is clearly the prominent force right now. I'm sorry but I'm not interested in membership now or in the future. I like my access to Trainz just the way it is, thank you. The disease of "abandon your principles and make money at all costs," seems to be symptomatic of our failing society in general these days. In almost every aspect of our lives now, money is the god to be worshipped and everything that we used to hold as sacred has a price at which it becomes a saleable asset. What a dark and forlorn future our grandchildren seemingly have.

Cheers

Dave
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

You can still purchase TRS19 as normal, Tony H has said the Gold subscription is probbably better for New users, not so much for those of us who have been around for a few years.
FCT can be purchased as normal, I also have a lifetime one got 20% off it as well, however that was discontinued a few years ago now, back in 2010 I think?

I'd be more worried as to what direction Microsoft is going in with Windows.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/