Large station roof.

General Trainz discussion and questions.
james73
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 114800
Author KUID: 69518

Re: Large station roof.

Post by james73 »

PFX wrote:Since there's mention of the Queen Street roof, and while we're on the subject of irons in the fire, I have 2 on the go currently, one is almost complete, being a TANE version of Midshire Mainline (I'm hoping Dave doesn't mind me mentioning this?) which has been delayed due to a signalling fault (I stupidly moved to the the HF3 beta and it's caused some issues). The other I wasn't going to mention publicly due to fear of vapourware, but reading this thread, I thought it better to do so in case someone is doing the same thing. No point duplicating work.

It's a brand new DEM version of Edinburgh to Glasgow, using the Mainline via Lenzie and Croy and the alternative route via Stepps and Cumbernauld. I also intend including the lines to Dunblane and Alloa, with an option to take that on to Dunfermline and the Forth Bridge.

I only started this little over a month ago, the DEM having been sitting for many months previously. The track is currently down, using prototypical gradients, between Queen Street (so James' roof gets another outing) in the west, Larbert in the north, Polmont in the east. I also have stations out as far as Gartcosh, though I don't have the gradient profile for that section so it's based on map elevations I have.

Operationally, I would intend the route to loosely cover the period between the late 70s and on into the early 90s.
This might be of some use:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-776314
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Wonderful James. Thank you very much. I have quite a lot of the main Scottish gradient profiles. Just missing a short stretch from Gartcosh to Cumbernauld. Again, many thanks.

Innis
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

twins wrote:We are excited at the prospect of this route but realise that it will take a good while to complete. We surmise that it will be a TANE version too although we are impressed with TRS19.

A Happy New Year to all.

John & Peter.
Hi John & Peter,

You surmise correctly, I don't plan on upgrading to TRS19 so it will be a TANE version with procedural track throughout. Current progress since my last update is track now laid from Glasgow Queen St to Linlithgow on the Stepps and Lenzie lines.

Cheers,
Innis
twins
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 78667
Author KUID: 44528

Post by twins »

Good progress indeed Innis
james73
Past 100!

Post by james73 »

clam1952 wrote:Looking at this photograph http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/m/ma ... ntral6.jpg it appears to be extremely close apart from that wall

The wall as it's using a separate image file can easily be alpha masked out, just tried it and it works, just leaves that bit of roof, which isn't likely to be removable as its a shared texture.

Clone it, create a 128x128 pure black image, save as alpha.tga and add alpha=alpha.tga to the wall_b.texture.txt file.

Just checked the creators profile on N3V, he still appears to be checking the forums, last seen on the 14th. Might be able perhaps to get a version minus wall and roof from him? or permission to alter it, if you can hide that roof somehow?
Damn. I updated the two versions of the roof last week and forgot to edit them so that's it's possible to hide the side roof. Done now, and uploaded to the DLS.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Hi James,

Does this replace the original version I'm currently using?

Cheers,
Innis
james73
Past 100!

Post by james73 »

PFX wrote:Hi James,

Does this replace the original version I'm currently using?

Cheers,
Innis
HI Innis.

Yes, there's been a number of minor updates to the 2 models of the roof I've released.

None of the updates will change the position of the mesh if you've used it already in map, the updates have all been fairly minor so far, mostly texture/mapping changes, and the last release made a minor mesh change at the top of the end screens. For some reason, I made it flat at the top centre of the end screens when it should've maintained the curve of the structure.

It had been bugging me for a while....

Even if I make more major updates to the roof, the mesh origin position will always be in the same place, so don't worry.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

No problem James. Thanks for the update.