Large station roof.

General Trainz discussion and questions.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Re: Large station roof.

Post by cyberdonblue »

That looks superb, Gary :drool: . I'm amazed how quickly you've achieved it too.

Cheers

Dave
greeni
Past 750!
Trainz Version: TRAINZ22PE
Trainz Build: 123799
Author KUID: 174088

Post by greeni »

cyberdonblue (dave) send me your email, so you can test if it fits :)

Imageman central comp in game by Gary Green, on Flickr
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

It looks fantastic, Gary. Thank you. PM sent.

Cheers

Dave
greeni
Past 750!
Trainz Version: TRAINZ22PE
Trainz Build: 123799
Author KUID: 174088

Post by greeni »

Assets sent let me know how it fits :)
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Fits like a glove, Gary. I'm delighted :D . E-mail sent.

Cheers

Dave
james73
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 114800
Author KUID: 69518

Post by james73 »

cyberdonblue wrote:Somebody contacted him on the Main Forums quite some time back, Malc (I'm sure the post would be traceable.) They asked about removing that extra section of wall for one of their projects. I wouldn't exactly say that he was hostile about it but he made it quite clear that he was not about to remove the wall nor give permission to anyone else to do so and he basically told people to stop asking for things like that. Obviously he'd received a few requests along those lines and was not a fan of having his work used elsewhere as something other than Glasgow Queen Street.
This post? http://forum.british-trainz.co.uk/viewt ... 584#p26584

I'd say your memory is playing tricks on you. Glad greeni sorted your problem though, looks great.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Hi a and welcome James73, glad you chipped in and you are still about. As I as suspected I couldn't find anything where you said no! probably cyberdonblue was confusing you with someone else

This seems straight forward enough to me
You may use and (where appropriate) re-skin this model as long as:
you do not do so for profit; this licence file is included with any redistribution; and you contact me prior to releasing a reskinned version.

Additionally, any reskinned version of this model *MUST* be uploaded to the Auran Trainz Download Station. Failure to adhere to this condition will result in a breach of this licence.
Pretty much the same as I allow, Reskins fine but only on DLS but without Thomas faces! I got caught out once!

You produced some nice stuff don't let the new standards put you off! We need UK creators!

I must apologise for any typos i'm some what 4 sheets to the wind at present......... Brother in Laws Fault.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

My apolgies to you James if I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick somewhere (I know I never read the licence part that Malc quoted so that's my fault.) Maybe it is my memory but I was sure in my own mind that I'd seen a stern word from you to someone on the N3V forum about alterations. It would have been more recently than 2014, in my mind (but then time flies these days.) However, I'm happy to stand corrected and suitably admonished. ;)

Cheers

Dave
james73
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 114800
Author KUID: 69518

Post by james73 »

No apologies necessary, it's easy to get things mixed up. I've a mind like a sieve myself.

clam1952 wrote:Looking at this photograph http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/m/ma ... ntral6.jpg it appears to be extremely close apart from that wall

The wall as it's using a separate image file can easily be alpha masked out, just tried it and it works, just leaves that bit of roof, which isn't likely to be removable as its a shared texture.

Clone it, create a 128x128 pure black image, save as alpha.tga and add alpha=alpha.tga to the wall_b.texture.txt file.

Just checked the creators profile on N3V, he still appears to be checking the forums, last seen on the 14th. Might be able perhaps to get a version minus wall and roof from him? or permission to alter it, if you can hide that roof somehow?
Very interesting way to remove the side wall. 8-)

Yes, the side roof is a shared texture with the main roof, but I wonder if I could update the two models to make it a separate image/texture so that you could remove in the config file if desired?
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

It's definitely your memory Dave. You've still not remembered to transfer back to me that £50 that you borrowed last year ;)
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

james73 wrote:No apologies necessary, it's easy to get things mixed up. I've a mind like a sieve myself...
That's very decent of you James. Thank you. Sometimes I have to look at my phone to even know what day it is just lately :lol:
Briggsy wrote:It's definitely your memory Dave. You've still not remembered to transfer back to me that £50 that you borrowed last year ;)
Oh I thought it was a hundred :shock: Never mind. I'll pop one of those cheque things in the post ;) ...Now, if I could just remember where that post box is round these parts... :?

Happy New Year everyone

Dave
macneil
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 2010

Post by macneil »

Good to see you back Dave for a second I thought you were modelling Glasgow St Enoch the track layout looks similar ive been spending to much time on urban glasgow forums and have found my next project :P I need A break from the WCML its driving me insane hope to see some more of your project soon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

macneil wrote:Good to see you back Dave for a second I thought you were modelling Glasgow St Enoch the track layout looks similar ive been spending to much time on urban glasgow forums and have found my next project :P I need A break from the WCML its driving me insane hope to see some more of your project soon.
Hi Kane,

Great to see you're still with us :lol: Yes, having only one iron in the fire, as it were, can be extremely tedious. You can very quickly burn yourself out and lose interest. Things have ground to a halt a bit over Christmas, as I'm sure they have for everyone, but I've got plenty of time on my hands these days so we'll press on soon enough.

Cheers

Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Since there's mention of the Queen Street roof, and while we're on the subject of irons in the fire, I have 2 on the go currently, one is almost complete, being a TANE version of Midshire Mainline (I'm hoping Dave doesn't mind me mentioning this?) which has been delayed due to a signalling fault (I stupidly moved to the the HF3 beta and it's caused some issues). The other I wasn't going to mention publicly due to fear of vapourware, but reading this thread, I thought it better to do so in case someone is doing the same thing. No point duplicating work.

It's a brand new DEM version of Edinburgh to Glasgow, using the Mainline via Lenzie and Croy and the alternative route via Stepps and Cumbernauld. I also intend including the lines to Dunblane and Alloa, with an option to take that on to Dunfermline and the Forth Bridge.

I only started this little over a month ago, the DEM having been sitting for many months previously. The track is currently down, using prototypical gradients, between Queen Street (so James' roof gets another outing) in the west, Larbert in the north, Polmont in the east. I also have stations out as far as Gartcosh, though I don't have the gradient profile for that section so it's based on map elevations I have.

Operationally, I would intend the route to loosely cover the period between the late 70s and on into the early 90s.
twins
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 78667
Author KUID: 44528

Post by twins »

We are excited at the prospect of this route but realise that it will take a good while to complete. We surmise that it will be a TANE version too although we are impressed with TRS19.

A Happy New Year to all.

John & Peter.