Rolling tunnel portals

General Trainz discussion and questions.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Rolling tunnel portals

Post by PFX »

Greetings all,

I'm in the process of building a tunnel on a 1 in 46 gradient. I've used an AJS portal which means there is a short level section and this causes the gradient to become even steeper. Are there any rolling portals (which fit in with UK appearance) out there before I go downloading a bunch of stuff which is useless to me?

Cheers,
Innis
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Re: Rolling tunnel portals

Post by klambert »

I could look at upgrading my portals to be rollable if you like? If you could let me know what version you need to be rollable, IE does the portal need to be one or two tracks, box or bore shaped?
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Funny enough Karl, I totally forgot about your portals. I've discovered a very easy workaround though which is not to attach the track to the tunnel (AJS ones I was using in this case). This wouldn't be required for your ones as the track runs through the portal anyway which would also have given me the answer I was looking for.
Perhaps I'd started my Christmas cheer too early? I'll use your ones on the other tunnels on the route.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Making the actual Portals as trackside assets that just drop on the Track and just use a tunnel lining solves all these problems, portals don't move with terrain adjustments either. I've done that with my NG tunnels, no standard gauge ones yet, maybe when I actually get time away from my route creating.
Malc
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

clam1952 wrote:Making the actual Portals as trackside assets that just drop on the Track and just use a tunnel lining solves all these problems, portals don't move with terrain adjustments either. I've done that with my NG tunnels, no standard gauge ones yet, maybe when I actually get time away from my route creating.
Malc
Funnily enough I was thinking of doing a trackside version of my portals.
I made them as objects though so I can easily replace the AJS ones using the object replacement tool in trainz.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!