Warren Truss bridge search

General Trainz discussion and questions.
greeni
Past 750!
Trainz Version: TRAINZ22PE
Trainz Build: 123799
Author KUID: 174088

Re: Warren Truss bridge search

Post by greeni »

Its a old one really really these days "Kingston HYPER FURY" 120gb, been having to reformat it a few times with it crashing nearly once a year.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Corsairs are nearly as good as Samsungs but cheaper, I have both.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Because of Trainz, I've got 4 SSD's. They're all Samsungs (2 x 250GB, 2 x 500GB.) One of the 250GB SSD's has got Windows running on it, the other one has T:ANE running on it (and a few bits and bobs that I use when route building) and the two others are just for Trainz storage really. I've got a 1TB SSHD for general storage of other non-Trainz stuff too.

I was also lucky enough to pick up a cheapish 1TB Samsung SSD on Black Friday (it's the first 1TB I've ever had and this one had all the top specs so I was deeply impressed.) I got it for £142.00 which isn't cheap, I know, but it was a lot cheaper than some of the prices that I saw quoted elsewhere.

I hope you manage to get everything back up and running OK again, Gary. I know how frustrating it can be. I had a big loss a while back with an HDD and that really hurt. Good luck with it anyway.

Cheers

Dave
greeni
Past 750!
Trainz Version: TRAINZ22PE
Trainz Build: 123799
Author KUID: 174088

Post by greeni »

Just re-installing tane sp3 everything else back on now.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

cyberdonblue wrote:Because of Trainz, I've got 4 SSD's. They're all Samsungs (2 x 250GB, 2 x 500GB.) One of the 250GB SSD's has got Windows running on it, the other one has T:ANE running on it (and a few bits and bobs that I use when route building) and the two others are just for Trainz storage really. I've got a 1TB SSHD for general storage of other non-Trainz stuff too.

I was also lucky enough to pick up a cheapish 1TB Samsung SSD on Black Friday (it's the first 1TB I've ever had and this one had all the top specs so I was deeply impressed.) I got it for £142.00 which isn't cheap, I know, but it was a lot cheaper than some of the prices that I saw quoted elsewhere.

I hope you manage to get everything back up and running OK again, Gary. I know how frustrating it can be. I had a big loss a while back with an HDD and that really hurt. Good luck with it anyway.

Cheers

Dave
I have 2 machines I run Trainz on these days, machine A has a 128GB SSD for Windows, and then a 256GB SSD just for Trainz, and a 3TB mechanical for everything else. Machine B has a single 525GB SSD, with a roughly 200GB Windows partition, and the rest for Trainz, and another 3TB mechanical (the 3TB drives were a pretty good bargain, they were on sale for slightly more than the 1TB version when I got them). Might have to upgrade again as soon as I can afford it though, I'm starting to run out of space on all 3 SSDs again...
James M, creator of the
network
james73
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 114800
Author KUID: 69518

Post by james73 »

PFX wrote:Would any of you good people happen to know of a bridge similar to the one pictured below? Colour isn't too important, it's the size and it needs to be 2 track. I found a close match in the RUS bridge kit one but it's not long enough. There are a few US versions too but they seem to be excessively large. Many thank in advance.

Innis

I know exactly where that bridge is. :D

I've tried to find technical details of it online but I'm drawing a blank. Knocking something like that up in GMax would be fairly straightforward as it's a perfectly symmetrical structure with repeating sections.