Permit to Hold Junction and Junction Release

General Trainz discussion and questions.
dave55007
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2009
Trainz Build: 38869
Author KUID: 349132

Permit to Hold Junction and Junction Release

Post by dave55007 »

I have recently discovered 2 rule assets by 'atilabarut', namely: 'Permit to Hold Junction' and 'Junction Release'; assets 131986:210011 and :210012, which I have chosen to use on my York map. The south end of York station is a complicated junction as most of you will be aware and I cannot use the ASB double junction assets as a result, so I had to find another way to prevent trains crossing through each other on the double track crossovers. The two assets above allow a driver to control a junction that is not part of the track layout (I'm using a junction on a length of abandoned track). The idea is that each driver takes control of the junction one at a time and holds it until a release order is given, then another driver may hold it. This way, the trains are spaced out and the trains do not interfere with each other.

But it is not working correctly, as can hopefully be made out in the picture:

Driver 1 (Graham, of the Class 45 hauled train) has obtained the permit for Jctn 1000 and holds it; but Driver 2 (Louise, of the HST in the background) has also requested the permit. Rather than waiting for the release of the permit from Driver 1, Driver 2 has been granted the permit!

I cannot find the reason why the permit is being allowed to pass on without it being released.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong - or a better alternative - will be gratefully received.

Dave
Dave

Great Yorkshire Railways - a Great idea that never was!