Narrow gauge track

General Trainz discussion and questions.
eddieprice
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: 2010

Narrow gauge track

Post by eddieprice »

It has been some years since I last used Transdem and Trainz. I am trying to model a Welsh narrow gauge railway and I am looking for suitable 2ft gauge track. I had previously found some track produced by DMT Pro, but although this still appears to list in the DLS it fails to download. Track is listed in Surveyor, but it has a very lightly coloured ballast. Is it possible to edit exiting track?

Another narrow gauge track that is listed is CL NG24 Track - 40 Tunnel, and would be ideal, but the word Tunnel seems to restrict its use. I assume it is intended to be used inside tunnels. Again would it be possible to edit the track?

Another point, when Transdem exports the DEM, map and track spline to Trainz, it substitutes an actual track for the spline, but in my case I want narrow gauge and Transdem uses standard gauge. Can this be changed?

Eddie Price
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Re: Narrow gauge track

Post by Marky7890 »

Clam1952 has many more narrow gauge tracks on the DLS, searching "CL NG24 Track" should find them.

Mark
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

What version of Trainz?, if only has 2010 as indicated on your details on the right then the DMT Pro Track won't work as its for TANE Upwards.

The "Tunnel" was just to indicate that it was a darker ballast for use in tunnels and I have no objection to changing the ballast.

The Track used and junction levers in Transdem can be changed to narrow gauge in Menu Item: Export & Create: Track Splines when exporting.

I did it here for my L&B route I'm working on or if you have TS12 upwards you can use the bulk replace in surveyor and just change it.

What route are you creating?
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
eddieprice
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: 2010

Post by eddieprice »

I am still using 2010 which I last used in 2010, which probably explains why the DMT Pro Track assets were available at that time. I tried using bulk replace in Surveyor but it would not accept CL NG24 Track - 40 Tunnel. I managed to edit the config file and removed " istunnel 1 ". The replacement then worked.

I need to have a look at TransDem Export Menu.

Another point I find Surveyor a pretty clunky piece of software. Is it possible to raise and lower individual meshes to create landscapes. The selector circle is all very well for large areas, but very clumsy for small areas, the same goes for applying texture. Normal imaging software like photoshop etc. have a selection of brushes and erasers.

Clam - I am trying to model the Rheidol line. I have managed to model one of the engines with Blender, but have yet to export and import into Trainz. That reminds me of another problem. I have modeled Aberystwyth station in Sketchup. I have exported it with RubyTMIX. I have imported it into the content manager, but it does not appear in Surveyor. It did on one occasion when I tried to see if it would work, then I deleted it to add more features and since then I have not been able to get it back. Sketchup produces lots of polygons, so could that be why it wont show?

Eddie Price