Download Station

Support for technical issues with Trainz or CMP. (Errors, crashes, faults, problems, install help, etc...)
grantyboy
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: 2009
Trainz Build: 44653

Download Station

Post by grantyboy »

Hey guys,

Sorry for having to start another support thread but for the last 3 days I've been having trouble downloading from the DLS through CMP, most of the time I am getting 'Unable to download, the server appears to be full, please try again later...'

Now usually I wouldn't be so annoyed about this but I'm a FCT holder and as I'm paying for the priviledge of downloading from the servers...

I was just wondering if anyone is currently experiencing the same issues?

The next step obviously is for me to contact Auran but not sure how quickly they'll respond!

Thanks, Grant.
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Re: Download Station

Post by Warbo40 »

No, problems for me have you looked on the auran forum site to see if anyone is having the same problem you've been having over the same time period. If not maybe as you say it's time to make out a ticket to NV3 / Auran via their main website then click onto the forum site. Then go to helpdesk, you'll need to sign in though. Then take a look through the frequently asked questions see if they have a solution to your problems that way and if not "submit a ticket" of your problem. Mark it urgent else it will take Auran ages to get back to you.
Work to live not live to work.
Itareus
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 06/TC3/09/10/12/TANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 243828

Post by Itareus »

An old trick with CM downloading problems is to:

1. Clear the "Download Helper" panel in CM.
2. Blank out your username and password in CM (File > Settings > Internet tab). Save the changes.
3. Close CM.
4. Now log on to Planet Auran, go to Profile > Edit Account. Change your password (you can use the same one). Save the changes.

I would wait for, say, 30mins at this point.

5. Restart CM and enter your username and password.

Does not always work but it's worth a try.
grantyboy
Milepost 1

Post by grantyboy »

Thanks Warbo40, I think I'll end up contacting Auran later today.

Itareus as you suggested I gave it a try, waited for 30+ mins which seemed to temporarily fix the issue, and then it went back to how it was before!

Thanks both for your suggestions! :)
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Weekends are always hit and miss when it comes to connecting to the N3V mothership . You'll find with later versions of Trainz that it will start to throw a tantrum if the connection keeps going off .
It's no good for downloading when it's like that but I find that if you just want to use the main part of the game then before you start it up turn off your internet connection . The game will take a few seconds to realise that there's no connection and will go into offline mode .

I've found that if the game knows the internet is still live then it will keep trying to contact the servers , this ultimately affects performance and can lead to lockups and potential database corruption .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
grantyboy
Milepost 1

Post by grantyboy »

Thanks Nexus! It seems to be behaving itself now (fingers crossed), and I'll definitely keep that in mind if this happens again in the future!

:D
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

For future reference a lot of wondering if the DLS is playing up can be avoided by checking the Server Graph here http://www.auran.com/planetauran/FTP_Status_Log.php as you can see its been on and off all weekend. If the Graph appears to be OK then you may need to start considering other reasons.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/