What am I missing?

Support for technical issues with Trainz or CMP. (Errors, crashes, faults, problems, install help, etc...)
dave55007
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2009
Trainz Build: 38869
Author KUID: 349132

What am I missing?

Post by dave55007 »

I have been running Trainz for some years now and am currently using TS2009 (my computer can cope with it, and no more!) Up until October last year I had no difficulty downloading from the DLS even with out a First Class Ticket. Since then I have been unable to download anything, even when I bought a month-long FCT in December. I have tried the three different methods of downloading and get no joy.

On DLS (website)

Using the FTP download, it tells me I am "connected to files.auran.com" and that I am "connecting...", but nothing happens.

Via CMP

It tells me it is "Ready" and that it is "Downloading...", but "Current Speed" reads 0.00Bps and "Downloaded Today" reads 0.0MB and nothing happens!

If I access N3V games via www.auran.com and use the Download Cart, I am informed that any content I choose to download is "Invalid"

What am I missing, everything else seems to be ok.

Dave

PS, I also have TS2012 installed, which I cannot run but can use the DLS. Get the same as above!
Dave

Great Yorkshire Railways - a Great idea that never was!
Peter White
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: TRS22+

Re: What am I missing?

Post by Peter White »

Hi Dave

Have you activated your first class ticket in My Trainz

Peter
dave55007
Past 100!

Post by dave55007 »

Hi Peter,

Yes, I activated the FCT and knew it had registered because the address on the FTP (via DLS) is different with the FCT (something like www.firstclassfiles.auran...)

This is what is mystifying me, everything seemed to be right, just nothing was downloading.

Dave
Dave

DSBANiMAL
New Starter
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61383

Post by DSBANiMAL »

have you checked your firewall?

switch it off and see what happens....

Ani
There is Some corner of a foreign field that is forever England
dave55007
Past 100!

Post by dave55007 »

Hi Ani,

OK tried that. It made no difference to the three download methods!

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Regards,

Dave
Dave

Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Try re-entering your username and password in TS2009 .
Is the 1 month first class ticket still in date ?

Go to the Mytrainz website , login and then check that the serial number you're using with ts2009 matches the one registered to your account .
Whilst your in there double check that the 1 month ticket was actually activated ?
(another way of knowing if a download ticket is live on your account is to log into the DLS website
and it will tell you in the "welcome back" part of the quick search page ).

If that all checks out correctly and failing another user on here coming up with more things for you to check ,
then you'll need to consider contacting the help desk and telling them you've not been able to download anything with an activated one month download ticket .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
dave55007
Past 100!

Post by dave55007 »

Thanks for the suggestions Nexusdj. As far as I can remember, all was well with the FCT I bought in December, but still no downloads. I've re-typed in my username and password and its coming up crrect on the DLS. I've also purchased a new 30 day ticket and will try again - if no luck I will contact the Help desk for advice. Now to activate my ticket...

Dave
Dave

dave55007
Past 100!

Post by dave55007 »

OK, so purchased a new 30 day FCT and have activated it. I tried to download a small trackside item from tmz06003 (whose content is much admired and obtained) to test it and again nothing happened. I did notice something - When using the 'Download Details' page, under the heading 'File location of FTP server, is the word '/restricted/' Is that relevant? (See pic below)

Dave
Dave

clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

No it's not, only applies if you are using an FTP client, which is a very slow way of downloading stuff as you need to copy that address and your ftp password into the client for each item you download. FTP was used by Beta Testers a few years back and before that anyone could view and download all the files, however that was blocked due to misuse.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/