Trainz content wiped

Support for technical issues with Trainz or CMP. (Errors, crashes, faults, problems, install help, etc...)
OE1963
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: 12

Trainz content wiped

Post by OE1963 »

I've just logged back in to Trainz 12 to find that all of my content has been wiped from the game. The routes that came with the game are still there but everything else is gone, and the game has tried to reinstall the DLC that came with it which isn't a good sign. Furthermore, the content manager shows that I have none of my downloaded assets. However, I can still find references to my old maps in the backup folders. What would be the best solution to this issue? Can I somehow access the data in the backup folders and reupload it to the game?

Thanks.
Jacks trainz
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2022
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 672927

Re: Trainz content wiped

Post by Jacks trainz »

Try doing a database repair on content manager by going file and selecting full database repair. It will take a few minutes but might fix your content storage issue.

Hope this helps

Regards jack
OE1963
Milepost 1

Post by OE1963 »

Jacks trainz wrote:Try doing a database repair on content manager by going file and selecting full database repair. It will take a few minutes but might fix your content storage issue.

Hope this helps

Regards jack
Cheers, I'll do that once my asset database has finished updating. These take a few hours for me, hence why I had avoided doing them for a few days.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

Also before you start Trainz again, backup your "backups" folder, as Trainz only keeps a finite number of backups, and may overwrite your old ones.

If a QDR (database repair) doesn't solve it, something you might try is going into CMP, selecting "Import Content", and pointing it at the most recent backup folder that still has your data. TS12 should then look through and attempt to import everything in there.
Jacks trainz wrote:Try doing a database repair ... It will take a few minutes
Probably longer than that. Mine takes about 3.5 hours on an SSD. Back when I used a mechanical drive it was an overnight job
James M, creator of the
network
OE1963
Milepost 1

Post by OE1963 »

Thanks for the advice guys, after carrying out the asset database update and the database repair, I managed to get all my content back. I'll now back up my backup folders.
Jacks trainz
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2022
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 672927

Post by Jacks trainz »

I'm glad your content is back up and working again. Database scans and repairs can fix many issues in trainz. If I ever encounter an issue it's normally the first thing I do to attempt to fix the issue unless of course it's a specific content issue.

Regards

Jack