LRW track textures

Support for technical issues with Trainz or CMP. (Errors, crashes, faults, problems, install help, etc...)
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

LRW track textures

Post by PFX »

Evening folks.

I posted about this yesterday but after deleting and re-downloading the asset again I fixed the problem. I've opened TANE tonight and the issue has returned!

I've been using the LRW procedural track which comes in grey or brown ballast types. I've been using brown but on opening TANE yesterday, all the texture had switched to grey. I checked the LRW mesh library and a whole load of strange faults showed so I did as stated above. This fixed the problem however, on opening the route today, it has once again reverted to the grey texture and the errors on the mesh library have returned.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Innis

clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: LRW track textures

Post by clam1952 »

Ballast mesh is using the same material more than once but with different values, can only really be fixed legally by the creator as the mesh needs exporting with either the same values or the duplicate material needs renaming, for which you need Blender or Max, whatever it was created in.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

It may well be easier for me to replace all the track then? I'll try contacting the creator and see what they say.

Cheers
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

He's already aware of the problem a few months ago and was intending to fix it. Thread on N3V forum somewhere.
Cheers

Malc

PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Ah right. Thanks.

Odd that it's just manifested itself for me this week.

On a similar note, apart from the procedural track by Scottish and lielestostrat, what other procedural track is out there currently?
gds
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: TS12/TANE
Author KUID: 181684

Post by gds »

PFX wrote:Ah right. Thanks.

Odd that it's just manifested itself for me this week.

On a similar note, apart from the procedural track by Scottish and lielestostrat, what other procedural track is out there currently?
There's a whole range on the DLS under 'protrack', plus another range that I have been using but I can't recall the name without checking.
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

Andi06 made some procedural Track.
Cheers

Malc

cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

I've used a lot of Andi06's procedural track in my Aylesbury to Marylebone project. I'd recommend it too. Good stuff.

Cheers

Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Thanks folks. Much appreciated.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

I've tried the various procedural tracks and Rob's are, in my humble opinion, the best of them. I notice it was last August when there was any mention of them being fixed. My choice now is whether or not to continue with LRW track and hope for an udpate or to change over to one of the others.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

In the usual fashion of Trainz, I replaced the track with two alternatives and saved them both as 2 new routes. I decided to work on with the original and opened it to discover the grey ballast has reverted to brown! I'll keep going with this in the hope it stays that way for the time being or until Lielestosbrat makes an update.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

I think the Gremlins are out and about Innis. I've had some very strange stuff happening in T:ANE over the last few days :evil: . Whisper it quietly but I think I might have sorted it today. There was a lot of deleting and downloading again though (which is hard work at the moment because my internet connection is playing up like mad. Vermin Medium are due to come and have a look at it on Tuesday. 1 - 3 Mbs is killing me :twisted: .)

Cheers

Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Folks,

Just an interesting aside to my texture issue. I created 2 new versions of the affected route on which I'd used the bulk replace tool to change the LRW track to an alternative. By pure chance, I opened the original after having opened one of the newer versions, and all the grey texture had reverted to the correct brown texture. I have thus far been able to repeat this typically odd Trainz anomaly ever since.

That info may be of use to someone other than me.

Innis
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

Quick and dirty fix is to change the texture.txt for the gray ballast to point at the brown ballast in the mesh library, unfortunately here it appears to now be builtin, think it's used in the Cornwall Free DLC, can still be done however all the .textures in the mesh library would then need running through images2TGA to create the TGA's.

None of this of course helps if you are releasing a route on the DLS or if you are also using the gray ballast on a different route.

Maybe need a bump on the N3V thread on this one.
Cheers

Malc

PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Good idea. Personally, I find Rob's is the best of the procedural tracks (yes, I know, I'm repeating myself...). I'll post on the N3V thread to see if there's any update at all.

Cheers,
Innis