Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Re: Wendsey

Post by Nexusdj »

electra wrote:Excellent work, James Image
+1 :D
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

Hi all!
Due to Trainz deleting most of my scenery, I've kind of been putting off continuing with Wendsey. Also, Trainz crashes every hour or so, so my time available is limited.

That being said, I'm slowly rebuilding Ashwell Raines:

Wires are hard! :shock:
James M, creator of the
network
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Hi all,

Just a quick update on Wendsey.

First off, I now have a map showing what I'm eventually working towards:
Wendsey Lines.png
Secondly, since I lost most of my scenery, I'm going to avoid doing much with the Holden Street line, and concentrate on getting the main bit finished (Awsworth - N. Ampsteade is my first target)
On which note, the Awsworth branch is now (mostly) complete!

End of the line, complete with non-standard catenary:

As always, comments/suggestions always welcome :)
Enjoy!
James M, creator of the
network
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Hi all,

Some bad news on this route... My PC's power supply decided to go boom last week, so I'm currently without a Trainz-capable machine and unable to check whether any of my routes are ok. That being said, I'll upload a couple of shots taken before the crash:

The south side of Wendsey Central station:

Wendsey South Junction, with the loop line to Radlea & Jacobsfield diving under the main:

Wendsey Central station is now surrounded by office blocks:

James M, creator of the
network
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Hi all, just a couple of update shots:

I've been embarking on a route-wide rebuild, the first step of which involved deleting about 1/3 of the baseboards (basically everything south of Wendsey Central is no more)! I'm also in the process of rebuilding Elbridge, and the Awsworth Branch, as seen here with some shots of the new Stonewall Vale approach:

Must get rid of those olympic signs, they're still there 2 years after the end of the olympics...
James M, creator of the
network
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Some shots of the Awsworth area:

City Mill Road:

Fellingden:

James M, creator of the
network
shaunswoggle
Past 100!
Trainz Version: Trainz 2019

Post by shaunswoggle »

Mightyena wrote:Hi all,

Some bad news on this route... My PC's power supply decided to go boom last week, so I'm currently without a Trainz-capable machine and unable to check whether any of my routes are ok. That being said, I'll upload a couple of shots taken before the crash:

The south side of Wendsey Central station:

Wendsey South Junction, with the loop line to Radlea & Jacobsfield diving under the main:

Wendsey Central station is now surrounded by office blocks:

hi may i please ask what the name of those subway entrances are on you station only i've been looking for some but can only find the LNER one on the game and it is horrid

thanks in advance
shaun
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Please don't quote excessive amounts of images to ask 1 question (you quoted 8 images, but the asset you needed was only in one of them...). I know I'm not a mod, but it is annoying...

The exit you wanted is called "SAM Platform Exit 4.6m x 6.1m CONCRETE TS". There are a variety of them available by Samplaire, in different sizes and styles, all on the DLS
James M, creator of the
network
shaunswoggle
Past 100!
Trainz Version: Trainz 2019

Post by shaunswoggle »

thanks and i do apologies still getting the hang of this forum stuff but i no for the future now
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Time for another update:

First off, because I like to punish myself, there's now an extended map of Wendsey:

This one has even more stations and ticketing zones. Hopefully in time all of this will be represented in Trainz!

This second map came about because I needed a new map style to go with the Hayden Trains "Unity" branding, and because I like making maps. It's an extended version of the line out of Wendsey Queens Park.

Now on to the main feature! Although because of my fairly haphazard and disjointed approach to route building, I now have several areas of scenery connected by miles and miles of grey squares! :lol:

New Coventry station on the Queens Park Lines, still very much WIP:

The new station at St Vincent takes shape:

and Olsen Cross, a fairly new station only open on weekdays:

You can probably guess my naming inspiration for the most recent additions to the route!
Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics, and comments/suggestions always welcome

James :)
James M, creator of the
network
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

Mightyena wrote:Time for another update:

First off, because I like to punish myself, there's now an extended map of Wendsey:

This second map came about because I needed a new map style to go with the Hayden Trains "Unity" branding, and because I like making maps. It's an extended version of the line out of Wendsey Queens Park.
I recognise some of those place names, especially Winnersh Park and Whitley which also happen to be in Reading, I lived in Whitley for most of my life up until two years ago. Are you familiar with Reading?

Oh yeah and Buckley is a village not to far away from where I'm living now.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

I'm actually not familiar at all with Reading, in fact I've only ever been through it once on my way to Oxford... I just tried to make up some place names! I guess I must have seen the names in passing or something - a lot of the names are plays on real life places, such as Sandworthy=Hamworthy, Winnersh, Bishop's Stonedale=Bishops Stortford. Then I just added "Raines" to the end of some random places/words to simulate naming conventions (how you often get similarly named villages/towns in an area) and quite a few are actually derived from a video game!
James M, creator of the
network
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

Mightyena wrote:I'm actually not familiar at all with Reading, in fact I've only ever been through it once on my way to Oxford... I just tried to make up some place names! I guess I must have seen the names in passing or something - a lot of the names are plays on real life places, such as Sandworthy=Hamworthy, Winnersh, Bishop's Stonedale=Bishops Stortford. Then I just added "Raines" to the end of some random places/words to simulate naming conventions (how you often get similarly named villages/towns in an area) and quite a few are actually derived from a video game!
Talking of naming conventions, near me we have a couple of towns that end in Rake, such as Eastham Rake and Bromborough Rake, also the term 'Garden City' may come in useful for you, such as Letchworth Garden City and Welwyn Garden City, these are towns usually built around a factory or industrial establishment, that try to imitate the feel of a country village but have all the conveniences of a town.

I hope this may come in handy as a naming reference guide.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Just a small update - probably my last for quite a while since I'll be off to university next week!

Some shots of Ashwell Raines, as it was before "Harrington 1" takes place:

And Ashwell Town, where the Littlefield line branches off:

James M, creator of the
network
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Hi all, 2 updates (1 tangible, the other more of a thought process):

Firstly, the new (again) track layout at Boston Junction, where the Perintree (main) and the Awsworth Lines diverge:

The lines on the left are for Connisey and Perintree, lines on the right go to Awsworth.
The current platform utilisation is as follows:
1 - Trains from Awsworth heading towards Wendsey Central
2 - Trains from Wendsey Central heading towards Awsworth
3 - Faster trains from Perintree towards Wendsey Central
4 - Stopping services towards Wendsey Central, also used to terminate trains from either direction
5 - Bay platform for services from Perintree/Connisey circular services (Wendsey Central - Connisey (via loop) - Boston Junction)
6 - Stopping services towards Connisey (occasionally continuing to Perintree), also used to terminate trains from either direction
7 - Faster services to Connisey/Perintree

Platforms 4, 6 and 7 are bi-directional and can be used by trains for either Connisey or Wendsey Central. Platform 3 can also be used by trains from Wendsey Ctl, but they cannot continue to Connisey. Platforms 1 and 2 are single-direction only.

I think this is the 5th time I've rebuilt this station now... Let's hope it lasts long enough to actually get some scenery this time! :lol:

Secondly, the Wendsey Lines have been split up into a number of principal routes:
-Central Lines (lines travelling through Wendsey Central)
-X-City lines (lines using the new X-city tunnel to Queen's Park)
-Queen's Park lines (lines beginning at Wendsey Queen's Park)

These are further split down to the following:
Central lines:
Newton Ampsteade Main - Wendsey Central to Newton Ampsteade via the mainline
Hadley Line - Wendsey Central to Newton Ampsteade via Radlea and Hadley Junction
Awsworth Line - Wendsey Central to Awsworth
Perintree (main) - Wendsey Central to Connisey/Perintree via Boston Junction
Perintree (loop) - Wendsey Central to Connisey/Perintree via Elbridge and Carsley

X-city lines:
Roybirch Line A - Motherford to Harrington via Wendsey Central and Roybirch. Previously part of the central lines but incorporated into X-city.
Roybirch Line B - Glassworthy to Harrington via Queen's Park and Roybirch. Utilises the new canal link.
Ashwell Line - Eastcliff Gardens/Stratley to Harrington via Queen's Park and Ashwell Raines. Follows the Queen's Park lines along the mainline to Harrington.

Queen's Park Lines:
Maybank Line - The main trunk route from Wendsey Queen's Park to Maybank.
Etton Bay Line - Wendsey Queen's Park to Etton Bay. Follows the Maybank line and diverges at Eggley.
Purton Raines Line - Wendsey Queen's Park to Purton Raines. Follows the Maybank/EB lines and diverges at Charterton Junction.
Littlefield Line - Wendsey Queen's Park to Littlefield. Follows the Maybank/EB/PR lines and diverges at Ashwell Town. Proposals to incorporate this into X-city and run trains from Stratley via X-city tunnel are being considered.
WARL - Wendsey Airport Rail Link. shares QP lines until Ashwell Raines then diverges to Wendsey International Airport.
James M, creator of the
network