Discuss routes currently being created.
RDLOVER777
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 3.7
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 657338

St Pancras International

Post by RDLOVER777 »

So, i've been building St Pancras today as part of a possible new route, haven't fully decided yet but i'd thought i'd show it off to everyone, thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
STADLER FLIRTS FOREVER!
Cypher222003
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: 2012
Trainz Build: 49922

Re: St Pancras International

Post by Cypher222003 »

Hey man, its a nice start, liking the potential that it has and fair do's for having a go at it :)

if you trying to go for as close as realistic as you can with your level of skill, i got a few pointers that could help:

East midland trains Platforms are the same length as the Eurostar platforms on the North End, and a bit further down south from where your photo puts them.

Southeastern High Speed Platforms likewise a bit further down on the sound end of the station But are about 1.5/2 carriages(length) more then the rest of the Platforms on the North End, Google maps helps with the trackwork and rough platform estimates for the different services.

I'm not sure about the track per say, it doesn't quite work at a base level style even with the right Terrain underneath.

You probably already know but better to point out instead of just thinking you know, but all Platforms are Electrified
for East Midland Trains its Electrified as far as Bedford as Thameslink have been known to use their platforms when their platforms downstairs are out of use.
Southeastern and Eurostar well lol they go all the way to another country ;)

last point is maybe add a little more Space between the Eurostar services and the Domestic services on both sides as there is a very Large Security fence between EMT & Eurostar and between Southeastern High speed and Eurostar.

Looking forward to seeing you Develop this mate!

Cypher
What would Trainz Be like On a XBOX OR PS3............
RDLOVER777
Past 100!

Post by RDLOVER777 »

Thanks Cypher!

Just to say, in terms of realism, i'm trying to get as close as possible will trying to stick soley to Andi06s station stuff and as such, some of the buildings like the extended shed wont be added. As for the track, i have replaced all the track not under the roof with the Auran 1 track concrete stuff.
Station.png
As for the platform lengths, i really don't know what went wrong there, i've been following the plans from a PDF i down on the UKRailForum that is apparently from the owners of HS1. I've just been going with what looks like as the google maps images aren't really that clear.
SPI.PNG
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ucture.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
STADLER FLIRTS FOREVER!
RDLOVER777
Past 100!

Post by RDLOVER777 »

Just did some minor testing with some trains and its flagging up the 'no path to selected destination' error when using the call at/drive to command despite me being able to drive up to the station
STADLER FLIRTS FOREVER!
RDLOVER777
Past 100!

Post by RDLOVER777 »

Update: Fixed the 'no path' error, but now i'm having problems with Andi06's AJS Invisible 2T Island platform where i tell the train to call at platform 1 and it instead tries to go to platform 3 despite a train already sitting at platform 3.
STADLER FLIRTS FOREVER!
RDLOVER777
Past 100!

Post by RDLOVER777 »

Update: Now got platforms 5-13 overheaded
STADLER FLIRTS FOREVER!
trennie
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: 2009,ts12 and T:ANE

Post by trennie »

RDLOVER777 wrote:Update: Now got platforms 5-13 overheaded
wow... Thats actually 300 times better than my attempt!
Creator of London and France high-speed railways.
if your looking for a complete london and france rail line with the kent lines click here:
RDLOVER777
Past 100!

Post by RDLOVER777 »

Sorry for lack of updates, i've been busy with life outside of trains, anyway, have this picture
STADLER FLIRTS FOREVER!
RDLOVER777
Past 100!

Post by RDLOVER777 »

Sorry again for lacks of updates, have a picture of Nexusd's Class 395 along side the Keisea AE, which will be used as a place holder for the Javelin if and when i release sessions for the station
STADLER FLIRTS FOREVER!
stainedgaming
New Starter
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 111951

Post by stainedgaming »

pictures are broken for me, tiny white square is what i see
really wanted to see what it looked like :?:
thesthfan
New Starter
Trainz Version: 2012

Post by thesthfan »

stainedgaming wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:03 pm pictures are broken for me, tiny white square is what i see
really wanted to see what it looked like :?:
Same
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Post by Marky7890 »

I'm guessing the project is dead anyway considering there have been no updates since 2018!

Mark