davelindley
New Starter
Trainz Version: 12
Trainz Build: 49922
Author KUID: 496299

Middlesbrough Redcar Whitby Union Railway

Post by davelindley »

Hi All

I've been working on a number of routes for the past couple of years. This particular route was tackled about 10 years ago by another person but I wanted to create a 'modern' version. I got a bit carried away and started work on Saltburn - Bishop Auckland, Middlesbrough - Northallerton, Middlesbrough - Whitby (Esk Valley), Whitby - Scarborough and various others all at the same time so consequently haven't finished any of them! However, the Middlesbrough, Redcar, Whitby Union Railway is closest to my heart as I live less then 1/2 a mile from the only remaining bit of it (the Boulby Mineral Rail).

Most of the routes are workable but need extra scenery work. I have some pictures of what I've done which I hope I've posted up correctly.

Thanks

Dave
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Re: Middlesbrough Redcar Whitby Union Railway

Post by Warbo40 »

Nice little route and it would be interesting to see a "what if" route of the Middlesbrough - Whitby via Boulby seeing as it closed to passengers i believe in 1964. Went down that route a few months ago to Boulby mine on a railtour run by UK railtours "The Grinkle Belle".
Work to live not live to work.
niallquinn
New Starter
Trainz Version: 2012

Re: Middlesbrough Redcar Whitby Union Railway

Post by niallquinn »

Missed this bugger when first posted, hope it's still being worked on!!

Good stuff.

NQ.