Discuss routes currently being created.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: Duchy Days 1980s

Post by clam1952 »

My earlier reply has also vanished so again...................
Couple of glaring errors in the SAM items:

<kuid2:132952:100268:1> SAM Wooden path 02 2009
Mesh 'fence_start' referenced in 'endcap-prev/track-lod-tree' was not found within the mesh table.

No such mesh, Delete endcap-prev container and contents, remove all shown below:

Code: Select all

endcap-prev
    {
      mesh-length                           0.2

track-lod-tree
      {
        mesh                                "fence_start"
      }
    }

<kuid2:132952:100825:1> SAM Viaduct - invisible road
Mesh 'fence' referenced in 'track/track-lod-tree' was not found within the mesh table.
No such thing as fence, the mesh is droga.

Change fence to droga as below

Code: Select all

track
    {
      mesh-length                           1

track-lod-tree
      {
        mesh                                "droga"
      }
    }
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
stuartluff
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: Mac

Post by stuartluff »

clam1952 wrote:<kuid:68787:21657> Gras27 another Lotherhake cockup or whoever might be fixing his items, it's changed on the DLS into ET snow3 <kuid2:68787:21657:2>

I'm systematically removing any of his textures from my route as he or someone in fixit land keeps using existing kuids for different ground textures, very infuriating. It's bad enough with N3V adding additional checks without creators adding problems that with a bit more care wouldn't have happened.
kuid2:68787:21657:2 shows up as obsolete as it seems to have version numbers unto :9 but listed as <unknown asset> for each version from 3 upto 9.

Just noticed both the SAM assets you quote (from my vanishing post) have somehow fixed themselves?! and no longer show errors?! This DLS thing is freaky haha.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Weird........

Maybe Mac2 was somehow thinking they were 3.8 assets you had created and has now realised they were not? Trainz AI does some odd things at times! :?
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Post by Class172 »

Apologies everyone, I had split the topic earlier so you could discuss the mac errors at length, however at the time the forum was playing up; I ended up doing multiple operations to get it done - it appears my post with the link to the thread never worked... typical.

The link to the split topic is here: http://www.forum.british-trainz.co.uk/v ... =48&t=2349
Dean_Forest
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TS12 + S&C

Post by Dean_Forest »

Nexusdj wrote:
tiffy225 wrote:Hi,

Just wondering if there will/is any scenarios for this route?

James
None produced by us for this route . The last time I attempted to produce a scenario for a route (Midshire) I had nothing but weeks of grief from folks who where missing rules or couldn't get trains to get to their destinations etc.
It's been bad enough having to ensure that only working DLS content was used in the route and even then some non DLS slipped through . Rail vehicles are even worse as I've lost track how many I've had to repair to make them fault free in TS12 , So I do not want to put myself back in the same situation as Midshire .
There are a few talented Scenario producers in Trainz , maybe one of those will see the opportunity and produce a scenario or two ?
I am getting around to doing one. The N3V HST doesn't seem to like stopping in platforms, though. I may just get it to use the trackmarks but I prefer to have it load passengers properly.
tiffy225
New Starter
Trainz Version: Trainz Mac 2
Trainz Build: 65333

Post by tiffy225 »

stuartluff wrote:Dont know why but my post was deleted with no explanation?! So I've had to compile this all over again :evil:

Mac Trainz 2 errors (build 65333)

<kuid:342053:25712> DS Junction WCL 2
! This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
- Multiple track stretches between 'a.road0f' and 'a.road0g' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.

<kuid:342053:37079> DS Road 01 T Junction No Paths
! This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
- Multiple track stretches between 'a.road0b' and 'a.road0c' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.

<kuid:342053:37088> DS Road 02 Jct 45deg Right No Paths
- Multiple track stretches between 'a.road0b' and 'a.road0c' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.

<kuid2:342053:37086:1> DS Road 02 Roundabout No Paths
- Multiple track stretches between 'a.road1b' and 'a.road1c' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.
- Multiple track stretches between 'a.road2b' and 'a.road2c' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.
- Multiple track stretches between 'a.road3b' and 'a.road3c' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.

<kuid:342053:37080> DS Road 02 T Junction No Paths

<kuid:342053:37219> DS Wall Concrete Block 8ft
! Required tag 'bridgetrack' was missing and has been set to default.
! Required tag 'trackdirections' was missing and has been set to default.
! Required tag 'trackoffsets' was missing and has been set to default.
! Required tag 'width' was missing and has been set to default.
- Track preview mesh 'default.im' is missing

<kuid:134105:29115> Factory 9e (smaller office) ML1
- Alias mesh '15-n.im' not found in latest version of dependency <kuid:134105:29100> (<kuid2:134105:29100:1>)

<kuid:283805:37916> Terrain Spline contoured rough grass 20m
- The Tag 'height' is not permitted within a container of type 'obsolete-track'.
I'm using Trainz Mac 2 and i seem to have no problems at all, running a few custom trains too just thrown here and there with no errors at all, have you downloaded the latest update off the mac app store?

I'm running OSX Mavericks so it downloads the updates automatically, haven't noticed whether or not on previous versions with app store you had to download the updates or not?

James
stuartluff
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: Mac

Post by stuartluff »

This is why Trainz is such a pain in the ass. Its so inconsistent and buggy. Im up to date on everything, Mavericks & Trainz. I got fed up of trying to sort the problems I've had to uninstall the route and the dodgy assets.
ex-railwayman
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TS09-12
Trainz Build: 44653
Author KUID: 191733

Post by ex-railwayman »

Downloaded and installed this late last night, what a brilliant little route, so typical of the Cornish region, well done and many thanks to fudginator and nexus for creating and releasing it to the community.

I'l get some screenies up soon when I get my backside into gear..... :lol:

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
All my screenshots are hosted at mynetimages in different sizes, when you click on the linked URL, to enlarge a picture simply click on the words full version underneath each shot.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Cheers Ex - Glad you liked it :D
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
Glen1974
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12 SP1
Trainz Build: 58414
Author KUID: 381093

Post by Glen1974 »

Been quite busy recently so haven't had much of a chance to use Trainz, Finally got a chance to try this route and all I can say is...Fantastic route, well done to all those involved.... :D
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Nexusdj wrote:kuid2:60238:26149:2
Author Vulcan :
Username : Oil Tanker Global Challenger

Built-in TS12 and used in the TS12 Built-in ECML Kings Cross - Newcastle route !!

kuid2:60850:29052:3
Author : Bloodnok
Username : Car 52

Shown Built-in on CMP , I've check and its not used by S&C Payware route ?

Anyone else missing the above car ?
Not sure why your missing the oil tanker Klambert as that is built-in base content in TS12 ?!
Sorry to dig this up but as I've only just installed SP1 I thought I'd give this a look. I've found both the above assets but older versions. The tanker shows as 2 versions, an obsolete one and 26149:1 which shows as having missing dependencies in the 'Asset Versions' window but error free in CM. Similarly, Car 52 shows three version up to 29052:2, again with the most recent version showing missing dependencies in the 'Asset Versions' window but error free in CM.

I could switch out the dependencies on the route but I'd prefer to keep it as 'out the box'.

And I forgot to mention, what a fantastic route! Great work guys.
ScottAS2
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 95078
Author KUID: 306203

Passenger session scenario

Post by ScottAS2 »

So, first of all: a confession. I've been aware of Duchy Days for a while, but for some reason it wasn't until a couple of months ago that I actually downloaded it. Boy, was I missing out! I love the little details, like the A{O,B}CLs out on the Tregullow branch.
Nexusdj wrote:There are a few talented Scenario producers in Trainz , maybe one of those will see the opportunity and produce a scenario or two ?
Talented is probably not the right word, but now available on the DLS is <KUID:306203:100364>, a small automatic passenger session I've pieced together since I downloaded Duchy Days. It started life as a very very late 80s (so late 80s, it was, in fact, mid 90s) session, but in the last couple of weeks I was inspired to wind it back and it should now sit reasonably comfortably in the 80s*, like the route itself. The core of the session is portal-spawned passenger services that cover the entire route - mainline, branches and even the steam railway. The timetable is of my favourite clock-face kind and spawns the following at both ends of the mainline:
  • Minute 00: Cross Country express calling at Exbridge and Newton Bay only
  • Minute 15: All stations local DMU service
  • Minute 30: Semi-fast locomotive-hauled service calling at Exbridge, Redourne Mills Road, Exbridge Parkway, St Hayle, Warren Cross and Newton Bay
  • Minute 45: All stations local DMU again
    Also:
  • Hourly all stations service on the Tregullow branch
  • Bihourly all stations service between Exbridge and Newton Harbour
Most are pretty straight-forwards, but there are a couple that do things that I'm quite pleased about, such as the down express overtaking the local train at Exbridge. Finally, the Newton Steam Railway is active, with an hourly service. Most of these are run by a SECR H-class, but one-in-four is a Light Pacific-hauled "dining special", which is really just an excuse to run a big mainline locomotive. :-)

Not present is any freight services, other than static waggons to keep visible yards from looking too empty. Perhaps I'll add some in to a later release; perhaps you fancy dancing around the passenger services - there are a few spare locomotives dotted around, and I've left the Quickdrive window active (though hidden) if you want to fouter around. This also seems a good point to note that the scenario is also available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, so you may distribute any modified versions of the scenario that you make, as long as you give credit for what you used, don't sell it, and allow others to re-distribute their modifications of your version in turn.

Talking of credits, many thanks are due to the creators of the dependencies (all should be on the DLS, except the Portal Manager rule that I used to make a clock-face timetable - have I mentioned that I like clock-face timetables?); all I did was just shuffle them around. A very, very special thank you goes to Fudginator and Nexusdj for their outstanding route - without their skill in building and generocity in sharing this session would literally be nothing.

Feedback, comments, and complaints all very welcome.

*I did exhaustive research on what would be prototypical, then mainly ignored it and did what I wanted anyway. :-)
WelshMarches
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: TANE SP2

Post by WelshMarches »

I'm having an issue running this with Tane SP2. The tunnel mouths facing the down direction (<kuid:45317:104631> Nex 2t Duchy Stone tunnel mouth and/or <kuid:45317:104574> Nex 2t grey Stone tunnel mouth) all seem to be hovering above the ground. This seems to be only a cosmetic issue so if there isn't a clear fix I'm happy to to just to solve it.

I've only recently got back into Trainz after getting a new PC and I can say this route is fantastic. I feel guilty playing it knowing it's freeware!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

That happened to a lot of my routes when moving from TS12 to T:ANE. I'm pretty sure that SP1 fixed it, so it seems like the best bet is to wait for an update. There seem to be a lot of bugs going round with SP2, so hopefully there should be an update that fixes some of these soon
James M, creator of the
network
bolivar
Milepost 5

Post by bolivar »

I had the floating tunnel issue in TANE pre SP1. I manually lowered them all and they are still at the correct height in SP2.