Discuss routes currently being created.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Re: Demo of a route Im working on

Post by Mightyena »

I'm not sure why it happens but I've found that if you run Trainz on a 'Lower-end' graphics card (I had this when using a Radeon 7770), in heavily detailed areas the game won't even render lower LODs on things like tracks/trains... :?
James M, creator of the
network
stuartluff
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: Mac

Post by stuartluff »

Mightyena wrote:I'm not sure why it happens but I've found that if you run Trainz on a 'Lower-end' graphics card (I had this when using a Radeon 7770), in heavily detailed areas the game won't even render lower LODs on things like tracks/trains... :?
I've got 2GB of VRAM and I run it full screen at 2560x1440px with no problems (at almost max settings). For these videos I run Trainz in a window at 1024x768 to keep the file size down without necessarily affecting quality. It only happened in the video that one time but it does look like an LOD issue to my untrained eye. The track is Jointed Rails Dark Grey (or Light grey I can't remember).

I'll be looking into it but I don't think its anything terminal. I was running Trainz, doing a video screen capture, streaming the footy and Time Machine kicked in at one point so maybe I was pushing it a bit with all that going on haha.
stuartluff
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: Mac

Post by stuartluff »

Some more screenies after a bit more work. Completed the second station shown at the end of the original video.

The LOD issue in the video hasn't happened again must of jus been a one off and the signal changing from clear to red and back was because it was attempting to use the route feathers I had set for the diverging speed limit. Once I told the signal not to route find the signal behaves properly.

Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

That is looking excellent so far! Keep up the great work! :D
James M, creator of the
network