waterloo to paris

Discuss routes currently being created.
trennie
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: 2009,ts12 and T:ANE

waterloo to paris

Post by trennie »

Just to give everyone an idea of a route I've started building. I know this is not the right place to do it in and I still don't know how to move the topic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Creator of London and France high-speed railways.
if your looking for a complete london and france rail line with the kent lines click here:
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Re: waterloo to paris

Post by klambert »

To be polite, I've seen many large scale ambitious route building projects shown off on here, what I recommend is you don't announce your project until it's nearing completion. Then people will be more inclined to respond. Many of these large scale projects that do get completed, tend to be just a bit of track and a load of flat baseboards with no scenery. Take my advice, start something small scale and don't announce it onto the forum until you're nearing completion.

If you're making this route for real have you taken into account the complexities such as:

How to get working TVM system instated onto the Channel Tunnel to Paris section.

What rolling stock is needed for the route and how are you going to find or create the rolling stock?

How are you going to be creating Waterloo and Paris Gare Du Nord Stations. Are they going to be made in a 3D modelling program or are you going to be making them out of various components on the DLS?

Have you got any DEM data for the topology or are you going to be using OS maps for topology reference?

How are you going to be making the Shuttle Terminals at Ashford and Calais, I mean those are so big, they'd warrant their own projects.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
trennie
Milepost 7

Post by trennie »

Does anyone know what station is it after sevenoaks?
if your looking for a complete london and france rail line with the kent lines click here:
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

If you are doing the Waterloo - Hastings, then Hildenborough is the next station after Sevenoaks, this is easily
found by using a map book or Google Earth.
If you had to ask this, how the heck do you propose building your route ????

Think I'm with Klambert on this one :?
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
trennie
Milepost 7

Post by trennie »

The station concourse and the platforms. I know the eurostar most of the eurostars logos are not in the right date but here it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trennie
Milepost 7

Post by trennie »

blackwatch13 wrote:If you are doing the Waterloo - Hastings, then Hildenborough is the next station after Sevenoaks, this is easily
found by using a map book or Google Earth.
If you had to ask this, how the heck do you propose building your route ????

Think I'm with Klambert on this one :?
I've just learned the whole route . Very complex but I will try anyway.
trennie
Milepost 7

Post by trennie »

klambert wrote:To be polite, I've seen many large scale ambitious route building projects shown off on here, what I recommend is you don't announce your project until it's nearing completion. Then people will be more inclined to respond. Many of these large scale projects that do get completed, tend to be just a bit of track and a load of flat baseboards with no scenery. Take my advice, start something small scale and don't announce it onto the forum until you're nearing completion.

If you're making this route for real have you taken into account the complexities such as:

How to get working TVM system instated onto the Channel Tunnel to Paris section.

What rolling stock is needed for the route and how are you going to find or create the rolling stock?

How are you going to be creating Waterloo and Paris Gare Du Nord Stations. Are they going to be made in a 3D modelling program or are you going to be making them out of various components on the DLS?

Have you got any DEM data for the topology or are you going to be using OS maps for topology reference?

How are you going to be making the Shuttle Terminals at Ashford and Calais, I mean those are so big, they'd warrant their own projects.
I've just learned the hole route. It's a bit complex but I'm attempting it anyway.
trennie
Milepost 7

Post by trennie »

Here is the file.
ScottAS2
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 95078
Author KUID: 306203

Post by ScottAS2 »

trennie wrote:Here is the file.
I have to admit, I downloaded this with low expectations. To a certain extent, they were fulfilled. However, there is real potential here. Firstly, it should be split into proper route and session layers. The track layout is pretty good, and impressively extensive. The signalling needs a lot of work, though - I seemed to get stopped at every signal heading out of Waterloo, and eventually got stuck. Most imposingly, the route needs a huge amount of detailing. It doesn't need to be one hundred percent accurate, just give the correct "feeling" for the area being traversed. While I admit I didn't take the time to track down the dozen or so non-DLS assets, I doubt they'd hide the fact that it's currently mostly running through grey plains. I think there is a gem here, but it's less in the rough and more down the un-dug mine. Only many, many hours of tedious work will be required before even the first sparkle.
trennie
Milepost 7

Post by trennie »

ScottAS2 wrote:
I have to admit, I downloaded this with low expectations. To a certain extent, they were fulfilled. However, there is real potential here. Firstly, it should be split into proper route and session layers. The track layout is pretty good, and impressively extensive. The signalling needs a lot of work, though - I seemed to get stopped at every signal heading out of Waterloo, and eventually got stuck. Most imposingly, the route needs a huge amount of detailing. It doesn't need to be one hundred percent accurate, just give the correct "feeling" for the area being traversed. While I admit I didn't take the time to track down the dozen or so non-DLS assets, I doubt they'd hide the fact that it's currently mostly running through grey plains. I think there is a gem here, but it's less in the rough and more down the un-dug mine. Only many, many hours of tedious work will be required before even the first sparkle.
thanks for the advice but i was working on them sort of things when my game somehow stopped working and i ended up getting rid of it.
trennie
Milepost 7

Post by trennie »

ScottAS2 wrote:
my computer is back and i've started to working on it now. screenshots coming soon.
twils12
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: trainz 12
Trainz Build: 46957

Post by twils12 »

Abandoned I guess.
Helpin' good people since 2014.
If you have ROBLOX, please add me. I am NewBuildmini.
trennie
Milepost 7

Post by trennie »

twils12 wrote:Abandoned I guess.
not really, i'm working on making my serveyor skill better.
trennie
Milepost 7

Post by trennie »

while i have been improving my skills on trainz and working on other things... ive been revamping parts of the route and recently added HS1 phase 1...
(i STILL havnt added any buildings but very littile scenery have started to appear.)
MF01
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 90946

Post by MF01 »

Hi,

May I suggest you for you HSL/LGV to be more realistic to use these catenary pylone ?

http://www.trains-et-trainz.fr/download ... -lgv-v1-2/