Midland Mainline [WIP]

Discuss routes currently being created.
CamJhock
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: T:ANE

Midland Mainline [WIP]

Post by CamJhock »

I have recently began work on a route stretching from Luton Central down to London St. Pancras and on to the Thameslink route. I didn't want to release any screenshots or announce it until I had something solid to work on. I'm currently extending the route from Luton Airport Parkway to Harpenden. Thanks to Nexusdj as his Mk3 25kV overhead lines have made this route look so much nicer!
Trainz Project - Luton Central.PNG
Trainz Project - South Luton.PNG
Trainz Project - FCC Class 319.PNG
Trainz Project - Class 319 at Luton Facing North.PNG
Trainz Project - Luton Airport Parkway.PNG
Progress on this may pick up soon as I'm off school for 3 months in a week or so. Let me know if you have any suggestions or resources I can use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davies_mike57
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: 12 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 102457

Re: Midland Mainline [WIP]

Post by davies_mike57 »

Hi CamJhock,

Just a bit of feedback for you.
Good work looks like you have a good lengthy project there started.
Having viewed the added screen shots noticed that the tracks look straight and level with no gradients.
Would look a better layout if the tracks shown with real gradients that are proportional to the surrounding geographical area of the map. Looks a bit more realistic by first developing a three dimensional map with the route editor, then fill in trenches and cut through hills, then lay the rail tracks.
Happy trainz modelling.

davies_mike57
CamJhock
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: T:ANE

Re: Midland Mainline [WIP]

Post by CamJhock »

After finally being released from school, I have extended the route to St Albans City. I'm going to make the St Albans - Luton section look finished before I start working down to St Pancras. Progress should start to pick up from now on as I have three months of free time starting today. If anyone has any resources as far as signalling and speedboards on this stretch of track, please feel free to share it here.