Jacks trainz
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2022
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 672927

UK fictional

Post by Jacks trainz »

Hi everyone

For those interested i recently have been working on a prototypical route using dem and utm tiles . After spending hours laying track and buildings i decided i would start another route that i would have going on alongside my Penzance to st Ives route.

For my new route i decided i would do something fictional based in the uk . My inspiration was the area of Devon and Cornwall.

I thought I'd share on here my current progress. I'm open for constructive criticism and advice.

The route itself uses custom atls crossing as well as triggers for setting point work along and line sections. I'm also putting in various mpd's and china clay industries
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davies_mike57
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: 12 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 102457

Re: UK fictional

Post by davies_mike57 »

Good work there Jacks trains,
Remember rail tracks are not always level they have gradients and go up inclines, makes the route more interesting using surrounding hills as scenery.
Jacks trainz
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2022
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 672927

Post by Jacks trainz »

Work has since stopped on this route for the time being whilst I finish a protypcial route. See my post in the routes section ''The Riviera line UK protypcial modern era'

It shows my work on the Riviera line from dawlish to paignton including the bracnh further to Kingswear

Regard jack
Its_DotreausX
New Starter
Trainz Version: 48249
Trainz Build: 3

Post by Its_DotreausX »

Just been working on my Fictional Southeastern Commuter and HST Network
Class 395 on a High speed Javelin Service for Loray Central Passes a Class 377 Commuter for Danesgate on Hamsmith North
VernM
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TS2010, TS12 T:ANE
Trainz Build: 96000
Author KUID: 30024

Post by VernM »

Must admit I do like the idea of fictional, or semi fictional routes myself these days. You don't have to worry about someone nitpicking a lamppost is 20 feet out of place, for one thing! There's also nothing to stop you taking a real world location but turning it into a UK setting if you happen to like the geography or path of the line. I've got a couple of projects on the go at the moment following this paradigm and of course my Highland Link depicted a possible, if improbable, line between Corrour on the West Highland and Dalwhinnie on the Highland Main Line!