Jacks trainz
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2022
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 672927

The Riviera line (Dawlish to Kingswear) modern era

Post by Jacks trainz »

Evening all

I'd just like to introduce my latest trainz project. About 2 months ago I had the idea to start creating the Riviera line for trainz. I thought this would be a good route to do as I'm not aware that anyone has ever released a trainz version of the route. As many people may know the dovetail games train simulator has this route as a default route.

So far I have created the DEM and exported it into trainz using tranzdem. Having the terrain and map textures I started to lay tracks and roads.

After completing some track work I started in gmax creating paignton station and Newton abbot station assests. This i must say has been the longest part. The buildings are mainly finished but still need some texturing work. Once complete I will be exporting them into trainz and then getting them into the route.

The route it's self starts along the sea wall at Dawlish and runs along the south Devon mainline to Newton Abbot where it then diverts from the mainline on to the double track to paignton. Further on from Paignton I have started laying track for thr Paignton and Dartmouth steam railway down to Kingswear. I decided to add this section to give further game play with the ability to drive heritage steam locomotives as well as modern day services.

Once finished I am hoping to upload it to the DLS for others to use and enjoy. But for the meantime I have a lot of assests to create and place within the route

I hope this interests some of you. I will post more updates on this thread as I make progress. If you want to contact me regarding the route then please message me through this forum site or contact me on my website (link in signigture box below)
Jacks trainz
Past 100!

Re: The Riviera line (Dawlish to Kingswear) modern era

Post by Jacks trainz »

More progress has been made. I've been working on my custom content for the route. This weekend I choose to continue working on newton abbot station.

Here is the progress so far on newton abbot station
received_1711828202450944.jpeg
Hope this interests some people. The route itself is progressing nicely and I'm hoping to release it in a few months !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robd
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 122418
Author KUID: 345264

Post by robd »

Interesting indeed! Will it work in T:ANE?

Rob.
Jacks trainz
Past 100!

Post by Jacks trainz »

It will indeed be tane compatible. All of my content will be made take compatible as well as the route. It will work equally as well in trainz 12.
Jacks trainz
Past 100!

Post by Jacks trainz »

Paignton progress. Excuse bad screenshots
20170617_215044.jpg
20170618_095542.jpg
20170618_095526.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.