Midshire Mainline

Discuss routes currently being created.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Midshire Mainline

Post by PFX »

Has anyone by any chance done an updated version of the Midshire Mainline route to TANE standards? I've downloaded it but lots of stuff missing now and was going to start trying to fix it but thought it would be best to check first.
fudginator
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE SP4
Trainz Build: 105766

Re: Midshire Mainline

Post by fudginator »

Hi, it is on our to do list along with a revised Duchy. Both Dave (Nexusdj) and myself have many great intentions, but unfortunately not the time. Hopefully before the year is out we can club together something new for the masses.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Ah right. It wasn't a criticism at all. I was going to say I'd be happy enough to work away at it but only if you're both okay with that. Otherwise, I'll just wait.

Cheers,
Innis
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

How many Midshire clones are there now? :mrgreen:
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
fudginator
Past 100!

Post by fudginator »

Hi PFX, sorry I wasn't having a pop, just wanted to keep you in the loop rather than it be one of them unanswered questions that sit on the forum for an age.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Not a problem, meaning can often be lost in writing. I didn't think you were having a pop but I was just making sure you knew it was no criticism at all.

Cheers,
Innis
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

fudginator wrote:Hi PFX, sorry I wasn't having a pop, just wanted to keep you in the loop rather than it be one of them unanswered questions that sit on the forum for an age.
I meant to say that I've replaced approximately a quarter of the track from the Radcott end with procedural track and a few minor trackside scenery changes. If you think it's of any use to you, I can package it up and forward it to either yourself or Dave.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Yes, I've bumped a thread from 3 years ago but as the post is relevant to the thread, I thought it was apt to do so.

I started working on a TANE standard Midshire Mainline 3 years ago and that has been completed with a small extension, adding extra stations and a loop of track. I also had an incomplete version of Rosworth Vale sitting on my hard drive so I thought it would be a good idea to combine the two and also another couple of part versions of Rosworth that were on the DLS.

Most of my recent screenshots have been from 'Midshire Vale' with a few Embra - Glesga shots thrown in, but I thought I'd post an image of the route map to give an idea of what has been done. At present, I'm just a little short of completing the Rosworth Vale SP2 section and although Rosworth Vale was mostly done before, I'm not happy with the standard and will be going over a few sections again.

The majority of the route is mainline with some branches and industries for interest. I have rationalised all Rosworth sections to bring them to a modern era and a good section of the original Rosworth Vale is now single track line. The majority of the entire route has OHLE. At a guess, I'm still a few months from completing the route but the back of it is well and truly broken now. As yet, I'm still to try running a train from one end to the other, but it should take a fair while to do the complete route.

Cheers,
Innis

Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

Superb work! That must have taken a lot of time :-O

Looking forward to it. It's looked superb in the screenshots :D :mrgreen: :-D
ScottAS2
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 95078
Author KUID: 306203

Post by ScottAS2 »

Wow! Your screenshots all look great, but I didn't realise from them how big Midshire had become. I can't wait to have a go.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

A further update on the Midshire Vale route.

Things are slowly and surely coming together and as such, I tried a non-stop test run from Arthington to Radcott Parkway just to get an idea of the time it takes to travel the route. Arthington isn't quite at the end of the route (there's a final terminal station to go) but it took 55 minutes so it will provide a substantial run time when stops are taken into account. It also helped identify a few AI routing issues, and the need for some additional points to assist in this.

I estimate there are another few months work left yet.

Cheers,
Innis
fudginator
Past 100!

Post by fudginator »

55 minutes ? Surely you need to add a few miles to make it the hour :lol:
Good to see a bit of new life breathed on to my second child ;)
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

If the entire route is run, it will definitely be over an hour, especially with stops thrown in.

Midshire is a great route. I haven't done a huge amount to it to get it ready for TANE. My only concern is that every time I've sent it to you or nexusdj, nothing but the textured baseboards have appeared.

Cheers,
Innis
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

I believe Karl (klambert) was having the same trouble when I sent him my Aylesbury - Marylebone route. If memory serves me correctly, I think he said it was something to do with upgrading to SP4. I don't know if that might point you in the right direction. Hope so.

Cheers

Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

cyberdonblue wrote:If memory serves me correctly, I think he said it was something to do with upgrading to SP4. I don't know if that might point you in the right direction. Hope so.

Cheers

Dave
Thanks Dave. I seem to recall either nexusdj or fudginator suggested that may be the issue. Hopefully it's that simple.

Cheers,
Innis