Progress North and South ireland

Discuss routes currently being created.
rjhowie
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2010

Progress North and South ireland

Post by rjhowie »

Although I completed the 6 lines of Northern Ireland Railways my progress over the Border into IrishRail has been woefully slow due to the dashed sheer size of my unsure extension. Off and on has been the groan due to so much scenery. So far south of the Border re the Enterprise Express route (Belfast-Dublin) situation is now as follows.

Border to-Dundalk: Scenery done.
Dundalk-Drogheda: A big gap to fill south of Dundalk to a couple of miles north of Drogheda.
Drogheda-Dublin: Scenery all completed into city centre.
Junction to Howth: Long done.

Not sure whether I will bother with the branch off Drogheda to Navan as that ceased to be passneger and is freight only.

So still have a groaning big thing to do in that gap between Drogheda and Dundalk.

Its is a very large project for over there from where I live in Scotland but will try to stick to the giant process. had not intended to do outside of the NIR but there we are. My other passing niggle is that using the Opera Forums whatever I have done i don't see my website as it was but using Microsoft you can properly get to the slideshows on each route. In parts south of the Border I started dragging in hillside scenery walls a wee bit so I would not get put off the progress and a giant scenery gap in a big ambitious Ireland aim. So if anyone has not been aware of my ambition visit here.....

www.northernirelandrailwaysim.moonfruit.com
rjhowie
Past 100!

Re: Progress North and South ireland

Post by rjhowie »

Nice to see 50 people noticed my rather big attempt at across the Irish Sea but that is all I see and support??! It may be off the mainland of GB but the most unfortunate part to have savage rail closures many, many decades ago! I flew over to the Province a while back to travel about on NIRailways and slowly build the thing. Then mused on whether to cross the Border into IRail for the possibility of getting the build to Dublin so eventually the Enterprise Express be ran. Anyway I am trying to stick to the lat and long final plod between Drogheda and Dundalk.

Oh well I have responded now back to my building...... 8-) ;)
rjhowie
Past 100!

Post by rjhowie »

Hooray.....improved from 50 toover 70 noticed what is a very big project for the island of Ireland! Although initially only to have been the NIRailway system I went further! My extension south into Eire with the main line from the border into Dublin and the local north suburban branch to Howth I must getting near 300 miles. For anyone who may eventually want to do other routes from Dublin i have the start of those included as a help.

When you look at the website you will see just how much effort I have been making to get things fairly near the actuality in the railway and the nearby scenery. Doubt if many would have done what I did a while back travelling from Glasgow to NI for a few days but just proving how exceptional Glaswegians are..... :D
rjhowie
Past 100!

Post by rjhowie »

Well numbers did go up a bit!

Now the only part where scenery needs filled in is the unfortunatel long part a bit north of Drogheda and to near Dundalk. Wish i could discipline myself to not being stuck getting hooked on the scenery side as I just want this rather large effort for the island of Ireland to be completed. Think so far between Northern Irelan Railways and my extension into IrishRail must be around 270 miles of routes working on to date.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Might get more response if you stopped using Flash for the website, Flash is blocked by default by all mainstream browsers due to it's frequent security flaws.

Adobe are killing it off completely in 2020 https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
rjhowie
Past 100!

Post by rjhowie »

Hello clam,

If you catch this ehm, how would I stop Flash re the website?
shaneturner12
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TS12/TANE CE
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 234888

Post by shaneturner12 »

It would probably need a site redesign to not use any Flash components (as it looks like the site itself is Flash based).

Shane
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

The replacement for animation is html 5, not sure how or if you could convert a site to it though. Unfortunately Flash has now got such a bad reputation for providing access for hackers that many people won't even install it on their PCs.

Found this on Moonfruit, not sure if it will be any help! http://help.moonfruit.com/announcements ... ase-300517
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/