Mellis to Eye Branch

Discuss routes currently being created.
Adman4472
New Starter
Trainz Version: TANE

Mellis to Eye Branch

Post by Adman4472 »

Good morning everyone,

I have finally decided to take the plunge and create a route to release (eventually) to the wider world. I am working on an example of the Mellis to Eye Branch in Suffolk but updated to modern signalling etc. I have included the old goods yards and the route is imagined as an alternative history where Beeching never happened and most lines remained open. It is a niche route however I wanted to start with something small (the Eye branch is just 3 Miles long!) I have included the GEML from just north of Diss to Gislingham (no Station) and the entire Eye branch. I have laid track and have been busy adding scenery in but thought I would start a thread to let people have a look and to get some constructive feedback (and probably at some point some help!) This is the first route I have created so please be gentle with me :)

Many Thanks
Adam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Adman4472 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Re: Mellis to Eye Branch

Post by cyberdonblue »

It looks fantastic Adam, very impressive - oh and welcome to the forum by the way. I noticed that this is your first post. You'll never be short of helpful, friendly, constructive advice in these parts so don't hesitate to ask. There are some very knowledgeable contributors hereabouts (and then there's people like me who are easily confused :lol: .)

Great to see a fresh face contributing though and I look forward to seeing any updates you might post. Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Dave :D
Adman4472
New Starter

Post by Adman4472 »

Thank you for the welcome :)
Glad you think it looks good. I have been here for a while but never posted. I have played with route building for a few years but never really managed to see a project through but this one has been much more manageable especially now using Transdem for the land heights. I hope to eventually create a few routes based in East Anglia but we will see how this goes first! :lol:
Many Thanks
Adam
Adman4472
New Starter

Post by Adman4472 »

Okay a small update,
making small progress with the scenery now as I am still working but still quite happy with the results overall. Diss had been the target of much of my efforts but I have now moved to adding more scenery at the Eye End of the layout. I also added a small amount of wheat farm and tree detail at the Gislingham end which is all shown below. I have decided for the time being to work my way down each of the main roads now and add scenery in that manor to try and give myself a more organised way forward. As the branch line itself is the main feature of the route I have decided to focus my attention that way for the time being so future updates may only be housing and farmland for a while! Hope a few people may be interested in this thread although not many it would seem. none the less I shall continue updating even if only for some sanity in this mad world!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Many Thanks
Adam
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Looking good Adam. People don't always comment but you'd be surprised how many people watch developments. It's not just forum members remember, there are hundreds of guests that drop by every week who can look at your work - even though they can't leave a comment. Not only that, it's been fairly quiet on here the last few days so don't be disheartened.

Cheers

Dave
Adman4472
New Starter

Post by Adman4472 »

I'm not too disheartened like I say it is nice to have a project to be getting along with. To be fair I am quite surprised 80 odd people have looked in on the thread!
Many Thanks
Adam
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Looks great Adam , love the scenery with the field dipping away from the bridge . Any route with catenary on it gets a thumbs up from me :D
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
Adman4472
New Starter

Post by Adman4472 »

Thank you, I am glad people like it and I do like that view. I am glad I could work out Transdem because I could never get that effect manually no matter how much I tried! I must say that overheads do seem to actually enhance a lot of railway scenes I'm my opinion but that may be because it's what I grew up with.
Many Thanks
Adam
paks44
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 41950

Post by paks44 »

:D Looking really good. Will you make it available at some time?
Adman4472
New Starter

Post by Adman4472 »

I will eventually, got a long way to go before I am happy with it but when I am it will be made available on the DLS.
Many Thanks
Adam