Doing the whole of Northern Ireland railways (from Scotland!

Discuss routes currently being created.
rjhowie
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2010

Re: Doing the whole of Northern Ireland railways (from Scotl

Post by rjhowie »

We never manage to keep to targets do we? (!) However I am at last at the final bit of that 6th line to Larne and as I suspected is just as fiddly as I thought it would be round this seaport. Anyway, I am now into the town itself and surrounds and should have that done by early next week. Then a week's break from building and a week on Sunday put up the slide show for Belfast-Larne to add to the other slides.

When I have that intimated here then I will turn my attention to beyond Newry and over the Border south to Dublin Connolly. What I discovered the other day as a break from the NIR was that my IR line to Dublin is slightly shorter than it should be by a good 7 or 8 minutes but to be frank I am not going to re-do anything as I have a couple of the stations down at Dundalk and Drogheda the junctions for the 2 branches off that and all that track leading into Connolly Station. Plus the fact this is an "extra". At the proverbial end of the day what I am working on is the most extensive offering for the Emerald Isle mainly for NIreland Rlys but a goodly bit of Irish Rail as well Got something specila event to attend on Saturday morning/afternoon but hope to get back to this when I return home on Saturday night as this project is keeping my grey cells very active. My plans for a week in the Netherlands are being interrupted by my Irish Trainz thing. Now back to it!
rjhowie
Past 100!

Post by rjhowie »

Hooray! I finally got the slideshow for the last of the 6 Ulster routes of N. Ireland Railways! It is now on my site for viewing. Now starting the slow scenery build for the 3 Irish Rail routes to Dublin, Howth and Navan. http://northernirelandrailwaysim.moonfruit.com/
rjhowie
Past 100!

Post by rjhowie »

Should have added site link.....

www.northernirelandrailwaysim.moonfruit.com
rjhowie
Past 100!

Post by rjhowie »

I am now trying see what I can south of the Border and as track has been laid to Dublin I am footering about there. Have the approaching track and nearby goods lines and will see how far i get with this extra effort. For now, I am seeing what i can do around Dublin as that is the most challenging bit.
rjhowie
Past 100!

Post by rjhowie »

Have all the approaching tracks into Dublin Connolly Station and nearby sidings, etc plus the short branch to the new Dockland Station terminus. More recently have built a kind of Dublin city centre around Connolly and the 2 rail routes from that area which run west with one going through the tunnel at Phoenix Park and the Heuston Station. All the approaching tracks and platforms are in however I found that a complicated bit with all the junctions so hope they are correct!. Elsewhere the track that goes beyond Connolly and through Amiens Street station is extends for a short distance beyond there.

Just north of Connolly I have the DART Depot in and have been crawling north due to the scenery for the Dublin suburbs. Stations ans scenery as far as Howth Junction Station are just about finished. My hope is that due to all the stuff beside the railway I will manage to have the scenic bits along the Howth line done by the end of this month so I can continue north towards Drogheda.

Building all the central railway track in Dublin means that there are now extensions for any future growth are wide open due to me putting the tracks towards the west and south of Dublin. Having the whole of the NI Railway and eventually 3 Irish Rail routes plus the Dublin connections in place even further work can be done on completion. My feeling is that having done and what I hope for I will have done enough. It then means anyone wanting to go in whatever direction has a big start. Once I hopefully get Howth done I will post again at the start of May as I aim for Drogheda and the Navan Line.
rjhowie
Past 100!

Post by rjhowie »

Now almost into May so will state here that I am changing my thread to a new one - "Irish News." Thought this was a more suitable title having finished the NIR and working on 3 Irish rail lines along with the Dublin radiating lines. See the new thread.