Content Creation Textures.

Help with modelling 3D content for Trainz.
meyshollop
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TC3
Trainz Build: 2

Content Creation Textures.

Post by meyshollop »

Hi all,

Quick question - can anyone recommend some websites that have free textures for use in content creation, and that will allow use of the textures in released content? (I.e i would be able to upload models using those textures to the DLS)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Meyshollop
Domsarto
Past 250!
Trainz Version: ts2012
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 342053

Re: Content Creation Textures.

Post by Domsarto »

If you actually checked the listing in this forum rather than just jumping in and starting threads, you will find 99% of answers to 99% of the questions you have actually placed on the forum.
gavo
New Starter
Trainz Version: 2004

Post by gavo »

CG Textures is a good one to start with.
Regards,

Gav
meyshollop
Milepost 5

Post by meyshollop »

@Domsarto - either i have completely missed every single thread (which is quite possible considering i'm going on about 3 hours sleep right now) or could you possibly point me in the right sort of direction? I cant find anything else in the G-max etc forum.... and just searching for textures throws up an error for too many results....

@gavo - i have used their textures before for personal stuff, however i couldn't make sense of their licence, do they permit you to use them in trainz assets then?

meyshollop
squit13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS12 SP1
Trainz Build: 58414
Author KUID: 465987

Post by squit13 »

meyshollop wrote:@Domsarto - either i have completely missed every single thread (which is quite possible considering i'm going on about 3 hours sleep right now) or could you possibly point me in the right sort of direction? I cant find anything else in the G-max etc forum.... and just searching for textures throws up an error for too many results....

@gavo - i have used their textures before for personal stuff, however i couldn't make sense of their licence, do they permit you to use them in trainz assets then?

meyshollop
There are a few posts in the 'useful links' part of the forum, near the top on the board index I think.

I read the CG Texture licence as saying it is fine to use their texture in 3d models, as long as you put a credit if to them (in the description say).
www.cgtextures.com wrote:When selling or redistributing a 3D model bundled with textures from CGTextures please add the following text in the documentation accompanying the model:

"One or more textures on this 3D model have been created with images from CGTextures.com. These images may not be redistributed by default, please visit http://www.cgtextures.com for more information."
HTH
Huccaby
I'm gonna' be a 'senior driver'-According to the Trainz 12 Achievements, thats 10,000 hours-over 1 year constantly using trainz, without faults...

TRS12 Ann Ed.
meyshollop
Milepost 5

Post by meyshollop »

.... I genuinely didn't think to look in that section of the forum! Rookie error.... :oops:

Meyshollop