Class 477 Reskin Project

Locos, DMUs, EMUs, Carriages etc.
steviez
New Starter

Re: Class 477 Reskin Project

Post by steviez »

Can some point me in the direction of <kuid:688183:100287> which is missing from the Drodditch 477's
Any help appreciated thanks oh and I have tried trainzkuid index and also google search neither of which pulled up anything thank you
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

Ah, that would be one of my reskins that uses the old, faulty interior. I'm currently going through all my Hayden Trains content and repairing/upgrading it to build 3.5, so there will be a fixed version released sometime soon that should be error free in TS12 and T:ANE.

In the meantime you can delete the missing reference, from the config files - they will still work without it.

EDIT: HT Drodditch LineClass 478/2s have been reuploaded, hopefully with All issues fixed, as build 3.5 (TS12), and are waiting for DLS approval. For now you can download them here:
James M, creator of the
network
RDLOVER777
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 3.7
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 657338

Post by RDLOVER777 »

Sorry to bump this thread but i've been making my own reskins on the 477s, i noticed that the TSO and TSOL (Mid Cap) dont seem to have the destination display texture like the DMSO and PTSO despite the display boards being present in the model :/
STADLER FLIRTS FOREVER!
Trainz@Bristol18
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: 19
Trainz Build: 3

Post by Trainz@Bristol18 »

Don't suppose anyone figured out how to de-Green the glass texture used across the Class 477 range?
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Yes, it's down to the material used by the texture. It can be de-greened using the IM editor program:

The way I did it was to replace the reflect material type with a standard texture, and then mapped it to an actual texture file, which allows the window tint to be altered, but you could also hard code the colour values instead for simplicity.
I believe the SIGMA Watley class 478/5 I uploaded to the DLS has been de-greened if you want to look at an example.
James M, creator of the
network
Trainz@Bristol18
Milepost 5

I've just had a tinker, bazarly now a set of doors has turned red and green on the texture, and it seems even more vivid a green, i did also download the Watley sets but annoyingly they're also doing the same thing, :?: :?
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Apologies, I've just looked and those were clearly uploaded before I'd fixed them. Whoops!

To fix it, in IM editor, you can open the mesh, and find whichever materials are flagged as having a missing diffuse texture (this is what causes the green, the green and white checkered pattern is Trainz's "missing texture" texture), like so:

You can then either specify a texture to be used, like I did, or change the material type from "reflect" to "notex" (you'll get a warning that there are unsupported textures, that's becasue there's now a reflection texture specified for something that now has no texture. Simply hit "remove unsupported textures" to get rid of it), and input the solid colour you want it to be using the options on the page.

Here's what mine looks like with a separate texture file (I also turned down the "shininess" of the windows by reducing the reflection amount from 30 to 10):

This needs to be done for the main mesh, and the doors on each asset.

Hope that helped.
James M, creator of the
network
Trainz@Bristol18
Milepost 5

Wow! Incredible, Thankyou so much Mightyena! i really appreciate your help with this :D
Trainz@Bristol18
Milepost 5

Question, When adding textures, i am assuming you have created your own? if so did you use photoshop to create the acquired transparent textures?
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

I did create my own, yes. I used paint.net, but Photoshop would work too. Just make sure it's a 32-bit tga without RLE compression.
James M, creator of the
network