Index  •  FAQ  •  Search   •   Register | Login  

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Last visit was: style=

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Class 395 
 Post subject: Re: Class 395?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 pm 
Forum Veteran

Trainz Version: TRS2019 , TANE SP4
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 45317
If I start from scratch by converting the original Sketchup mesh then you would have no credit over the train except for putting forward the initial idea to convert it .
There is no way that I am going to go through all the hard work of converting it from a raw sketchup model and making it work in Trainz , then simply hand it over so that you can stamp your name and kuid number on it and no doubt spend the next few years bragging that "I made that train" to folks who aren't aware of it origins .

If I did the hard work (from Scratch) then it will have my author name and kuid number with a credit to the original Sketchup author in the description and license .

I offered to help on the basis that I presumed the work with the mesh had already been done but it's clear from the file size that the whole train had been converted to an .im file via ruby instead of being separated up.

You need to realise that the train is not "YOUR" train if you get somebody else to do all the work for you .

So my offer to assist with "YOUR" 380 is now withdrawn as this has got nightmare written all over it from the start .
I'm sure some other enterprising content provider will be along soon in the usual attempt to make me look like an ogre and offer to do it , they may even allow you to release it as your own .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:28 pm 
Past 250!

Trainz Version: 2004,2006,2009
Trainz Build: 46653
Author KUID: 554607
Right I actually don't care. at least this means I get credit for it. :x I'm in a really foul mood and you have just made it worse.

Shock! Horror! I'm an ARSENAL supporter!
My Twitter accounthttps://twitter.com/dtulip8

Last edited by 73129 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post has been reported 3 times and already has been investigated.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:14 pm 
Past 750!

It's this kind of ridiculous behaviour by danny109 that is putting most of the serious creators off the forums.

Dave has quite rightly said he's done all the hard work so you danny109 have no claim at all to it. from the sound of things you sent him a completely botched conversion so should get no credit apart from inflaming this thread and wasting everybody's time.

Dave, ignore it, I'll report his posts and hope the mods yet again have to step in to sort out yet another mess.

No wonder we set up another forum to get away from this rubbish...

tmz06003

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:24 pm 
Past 100!

Back to the intended topic, Nexusdj do you have Max to convert the sketchup files to gmax file or is there a stand alone converter out there?
thanks
Patrick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:37 pm 
Past 250!

Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 563140
Here's an attempt of some sense of humor:

You all wrong! It's MY TRAIN :D :lol:

Sense of humor off:
Right really guys, why?
Danny109: the train has been created by Dave from the ground up, so therefore it is his creation.

Sense of humor on:
End of, back to topic, i like pink ponies!!! :D

Sense of humor off:
It's really good can't wait to run that round as well.

Kind Regards,
Reece

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:00 am 
Past 250!

Trainz Version: TS12 + S&C
Trainz Build: 0
Author KUID: 0
Danny109, it is quite simple how things work. The creator who finishes off a model does the release, as they are normally the best placed person to make corrections etc.

Case study: Class 06 Shunter. PaulHobbs builds a shunter, tmz06003 finishes it off with assistance from Greeni. Therefore, tmz06003 releases it to the DLS with the following note:
Quote:
Original work by Paul Hobbs altered by tmz06003 with help from greeni.

Simples!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:37 am 
Milepost 7

Trainz Version: TS2009, TANE
Isn't it originally the person who made it in Sketchup's train? Nexus has either rebuilt it or heavily modified it, and it probably looks a whole lot different than how it did in Sketchup. On other notes, thanks for the 395 Nexus. I now have something to run on my HighSpeed route. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:59 pm 
Forum Veteran

Bhorton wrote:
Can I ask, will the 395's get SouthEastern Logo's?
(And also, how's your 465 coming along Nexus?)

Yes , I need to remap the side textures to add the southeastern logo's and the Javelin logo's on the cab sides .

465 : Not done anything else to it at the moment , I'd got as far as rebuilding part of the underframe to represent the new Hitachi equipment but it needs the textures mapping on in Gmax .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:50 am 
Past 500!

Trainz Version: 2012 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 734197
Sorry to drag this topic up but I was wondering how you actually convert trains from sketchup @nexusdj have you got any further with the apt sorry to bother you and your excellent work you are doing

The Siemens Desiro is Awesome
Desironutter14 Previously known as liverpool13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:17 pm 
Forum Veteran

Export it from sketchup as a collada file , this file then needs to be converted into a 3DS file for importing into gmax .
Import the 3ds file into Gmax and then save it again as a Gmax file ( I always save files twice in 2 separate locations as Gmax has a tendency to corrupt files)

You need to open up the full train in Gmax and then separate each vehicle to save it . You can only save 1 at a time so you'll need to delete all the vehicles around the vehicle you want to save , Then start again with the full train for the next vehicle and keep repeating until you saved all the vehicles separately .

Each separate vehicle is then opened and checked to see if its the correct size and also to see how many poly's it is .
If it's the wrong size then you'll need to rescale it against a line drawing .
If its too many poly's : then unless I can see area's where I can reduce it down I will reject it and the train and move on to the next project .

Next each vehicle needs to be rotated so that it's orientated correctly down the centre line .

Textures are tackled next , Sketchup exports in block colours so you need to replace these with a new set of .tga textures for use in Trainz .
Each colour has to be individually selected using the pick tool in the material editor and then removed using the "Reset" button .
Then you need to select the location of your new replacement .tga texture via "Diffuse colour" and then turn it on using the chequered box at the top .
You need to repeat this until ALL colours are changed over to your new textures .
If need be export the file and open the .im file in Mesh viewer as that will highlight any parts of the mesh that doesnt have an associated texture .

Once all the texturing is done you need to add all the attachment points , 4 is the minimum ( a.limfront , a.limback , a.bog0 , a.bog1) limfront and bog0 should always be at the front end of the vehicle and position in the bottom half of the "Top" view window in Gmax .

Once everything is linked then the mesh can be exported and once again checked in mesh viewer .
A config file needs to be built , textures added into the file and the mesh checked once again in mesh viewer to make sure all the textures are okay .
Commit it and check for any errors .
Run trainz and place it in surveyor .

This process needs to be repeated for every vehicle .

Last edited by Nexusdj on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Class 395
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:28 pm 
Past 500!

Trainz Version: 12, TANE
Trainz Build: 74702
Author KUID: 431172
Moved to Rolling Stock.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:20 pm 
Past 500!

Trainz Version: 2012 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 734197
Ok :o :shock: that's sounds very complicated thanks for your desiros I have got trainz 2009 now

The Siemens Desiro is Awesome
Desironutter14 Previously known as liverpool13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:08 pm 
Milepost 3

Trainz Version: 2010
Nexus, seeing the wonderful work you've done on the EMU's, you wouldn't mind getting my model of a Blackpool Centenary Tram over to Trainz would you? Their a bit basic but fill a gap. I have tried exporting them my self but they just appears as a white box on the track and what you've done on the EMU's is rather amazing. I've done:
641 as built, Green + Cream
646 as built, fictional Hull Corporation Tramways livery
648 as built, in plain white Metro Coastlines livery
They may need some rescaling, as there a bit small ATM. I havn't done a bogey, but I assume there are suitable ones on the DLS. I'll probably do my own enginesounds+hornsounds, as I have some recordings. If you get them in to Trainz, feel free to release them yourself, but credit me for the model. If you decide to take on the project I'll throw them over to you via email, so I'll need your adress. (I might already have it, I'll have to peek in me inbox)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:13 pm 
Milepost 3

Trainz Version: 2010
Here's a Sketchup screenshot:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:12 pm 
Forum Veteran

Not being a tram enthusiast I wouldn't know of a suitable bogie to use .
I'm currently snowed under with updating some of my older content so spare time is tight but If you can sort out a suitable bogie , enginespec , enginesound , hornsound and pantograph then I should be able to do a quick job on your tram to get it into trainz .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next