Milepost 3
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 88460
Author KUID: 66277

What's NEW for T:ANE?

Post by Smiley »

Hi guys.
It's been a few years.

Just getting back into Trainz a little bit, and wanted to ask the people here what sort of Locos and wagons/carriages are new for T:ANE?

Most important are the locomotives.
I still find the driving aspect of Trainz to be a big let down.
It generally involves unrealistic cabs used on old models, etc.
This could be down to me not finding the improved models of locos yet, hence my post here.

So, are there any new UK locos (older stuff mainly, 08s, 09s, 20s, 24/25s, 31s, 33s, 37s, 40s, 45s, 47s, 50s, 55s, 60s, etc, plus DMU/EMU, and the more modern passenger stuff).
I'd prefer freeware, but I don't mind payware if it's good enough.

I'm currently downloading all the excellent wagons and stuff from Nexus, Marky and Greeni, and I'm having a lot of fun with them, so any suggestions on other people's stuff I've missed would be welcome.

Although I say that the driving aspect of Trainz is disappointing to me, because it really is, the operations aspect of it with it's session system is still second to none, by a mile.
It's just that sometimes that I'd like to do a bit of serious driving in the cab, and it's not great.

Has Auran/N3V released any packs of high quality locos?
There's plenty of over-priced payware routes/sessions and other nonsense that I'm forced to see in my route list, but I'm wondering if they ever got around to releasing anything stock wise.
I'm pretty sure a month or so ago when I got back into Trainz, I saw some screenshots of their work on a Class 47(I think), and those screenshots were a year or two old. Did they ever release that engine?

One last thing.
I remember payware from Eldavo and SnowSignal were pretty good quality, and I remember both of them left Trainz and took their toys with them.
Did they ever come back, or at least make the stock available and compatible with T:ANE?

Thanks for any help.
Smiley.
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Re: What's NEW for T:ANE?

Post by Marky7890 »

Any new content released by N3V is only for TRS2019. The 47 has been released for Trainz plus/gold/silver membership, as part of my updated Liskeard - Looe route, which also includes new mk1s with detailed interior and a new Class 153.

Snowsignal and Eldavo never did return, no.

Mark
stovepipe
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 117009
Author KUID: 368699

Post by stovepipe »

Hi,

Yes likewise I've been having an extended dabble in new Trainz, after several years away.

I've not found too many new locos - there is a class 37 by srs, which also adds a new cab.

N3V have done a new Deltic cab (built-in), so in both cases it's worth updating the old models.

N3V have also released some payware recently, a WCRC class 47 and new cab, and theres a Class 70 coming. Both are by 3DZug, and (i think) need gold or silver membership to access at the moment, but will become available later as general payware.

There are a few sketchup conversions too, the class 800 IEP that Marky has done for example. I guess there might be a few others I've not found yet.

Cheers
S
Smiley
Milepost 3

Post by Smiley »

Thanks guys.

Can't see me buying Trainz 2019, as I'm not sure it's a great improvement on TANE (still have to do more research on this, but unlikely I'll buy it on what I already know).
Does the mouse cursor still hit the edge of the screen when right-clicking in-cab, and looking around, like it does in TANE, meaning you have to let go of Right-Click, move the mouse and Right-Click again? LOL. Unbelievable! :D :D :D
(N3V really need to watch a few videos of DoveTail Games' simulators to see how the mouse cursor should behave in-cab).
Oh, and the Trainz Plus/Silver/Gold thing is a definite no-no.

@Stovepipe, I'd forgotten about the Deltic. Just gave it a run to Severn Tunnel Junction, and it's superb.
That's what I'm talking about! :drool:
And I had no idea about SRS's Class 37s.
Just downloaded them and gave them a quick run, and they are great!
These are the Class 37s I've been waiting for in Trainz for years.
Already, just these 2 locos and cabs make a huge difference to Trainz for me, and make this thread worthwhile.
Maybe others will find them because of this thread too.
Cheers mate!

I'll wait and see what happens with the Class 47, whether or not it's going to be Trainz 2019 only (probably), and if not, whether or not N3V put too-high a price on it (something they share with DTG).

In the meantime, maybe there's some new cabs available, and I'll just change the config to use them.
Any more recommendations on locos/rolling stock welcome.
Anything similar to the Voyager available anywhere?

Cheers.
RinseDC
Milepost 3
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 801168

Post by RinseDC »

There is loads of new freeware like for example the pretty recent release of Klambert's VEP's, though (sometimes annoyingly) there's new freeware that only gets released for TRS19 and up
Smiley
Milepost 3

Post by Smiley »

Thanks Rinse.
I'm looking at Klambert's stuff on the DS now, and there's some nice scenery as well as units.

Wouldn't have known about those.
Cheers.

While I'm at it, I'd best download and backup some of my creations to see it they work in TANE (I think it was only the tunnel that was made for TANE).