Where can I find UK trainz freeware?

Locos, DMUs, EMUs, Carriages etc.
patrickalanbooth
Past 100!

Re: Where can I find UK trainz freeware?

Post by patrickalanbooth »

If it is a new ts12 install lave it a few days and see if it finds your account or invest in a first class ticket, mine took a few days to actually work and still has wobbily moments or if that doesnt work get 2009 and install all sevise packs to sp4 or get 2010 and sit it out till then new trainz comes out as you may have notices ts12 sp1 or not is a marmite simulator in all ways technicall and personal :)
thanks
Patrick
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

kirklamj01 wrote:
I have tried everything I can think of, giving CMP full access to the internet, but it STILL doesn't work :? . It is the CMP that is the issue. While the DLS website is fine, the download helper refuses to acknowledge my planet Auran account. Are you sure you can't think of anything else. If anyone can think of anything, let me know ASAP.
I don't know if it's a Windows 8 issue or not but the only way I can use the DLS is to download using FTP. CMP will try to download then says that it can't find a copy of Trainz. What does it think I'm using? "Please make sure you have run Trainz at least once before using... blah, blah, blah" or some such warning comes up every time. I've run Trainz thousands of times!!! :x

On the odd occasion that I went to the website independently and tried to use the "add to cart" option on DLS, all I got when trying to download was either "file not found" or "content is invalid." :?

FTP is my only option - good job it works like a dream (mostly.) - hope saying that doesn't put the old voodoo jinx on it now! :roll:
kirklamj01
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: 2006

Post by kirklamj01 »

cyberdonblue wrote:
kirklamj01 wrote:
I have tried everything I can think of, giving CMP full access to the internet, but it STILL doesn't work :? . It is the CMP that is the issue. While the DLS website is fine, the download helper refuses to acknowledge my planet Auran account. Are you sure you can't think of anything else. If anyone can think of anything, let me know ASAP.
I don't know if it's a Windows 8 issue or not but the only way I can use the DLS is to download using FTP. CMP will try to download then says that it can't find a copy of Trainz. What does it think I'm using? "Please make sure you have run Trainz at least once before using... blah, blah, blah" or some such warning comes up every time. I've run Trainz thousands of times!!! :x

On the odd occasion that I went to the website independently and tried to use the "add to cart" option on DLS, all I got when trying to download was either "file not found" or "content is invalid." :?

FTP is my only option - good job it works like a dream (mostly.) - hope saying that doesn't put the old voodoo jinx on it now! :roll:
Can you tell me how to download from FTP? I have never used it before because CMP has always worked.

Cheers,
Mike
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Are you running Trainz as Administrator, that's not from an Administrator account which is pretty much worthless in any version lower than Pro from Win7 upwards, but by Right click, Run This program as administrator or set up in the programs properties under compatibility. Symptoms of not doing this are Settings such as your password not being saved, due to the Write restrictions Microshaft have imposed on anything in Program Files. The Windows Admin account is now closer to a Unix or Linux superuser account with no access to actual root functions unless you tell it specifically.

If you install to start with Right Click run as Administrator, it saves all the messing around later, also advisable not to put Trainz in Program Files

The DLS black pages are primarily still there for prehistoric versions of Trainz that do not have Content Manager. To download you simply use content manager, you don't need to use the DLS black pages or the useless download cart which has never worked here.

Downloading by FTP is possible, click the link to download and import using content manager however the items will be installed as locally modified and the suppressed errors and warnings, meant only for the creator will take effect may cause you more problems. I seriously advise avoiding that for items older than TS2010. I have zero problems here with errors and warnings as I do not import anything that is on the DLS but install correctly using Content Manager, Using the import function on a backed up UserData causes the same problem and is I believe the reason why so many people end up with loads of problems. Copy and Paste + QDR works and does not remove the "protection".

To kick download helper into life assuming you are running Trainz as above as Administrator, Content manager > settings > delete password, save, close Content manager, reboot PC, launch content manager, imput your original password, save, close content manager, restart content manager. if that doesn't work then you probably have a Firewall issue.

If using Windows firewall reset it to default settings an make sure you allow every Trainz related program that asks for access, That's Trainz.exe, TadDaemon.exe, TrainzUtil.exe and ContentManager.exe.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
kirklamj01
Milepost 1

Post by kirklamj01 »

clam1952 wrote:Are you running Trainz as Administrator, that's not from an Administrator account which is pretty much worthless in any version lower than Pro from Win7 upwards, but by Right click, Run This program as administrator or set up in the programs properties under compatibility. Symptoms of not doing this are Settings such as your password not being saved, due to the Write restrictions Microshaft have imposed on anything in Program Files. The Windows Admin account is now closer to a Unix or Linux superuser account with no access to actual root functions unless you tell it specifically.

If you install to start with Right Click run as Administrator, it saves all the messing around later, also advisable not to put Trainz in Program Files

The DLS black pages are primarily still there for prehistoric versions of Trainz that do not have Content Manager. To download you simply use content manager, you don't need to use the DLS black pages or the useless download cart which has never worked here.

Downloading by FTP is possible, click the link to download and import using content manager however the items will be installed as locally modified and the suppressed errors and warnings, meant only for the creator will take effect may cause you more problems. I seriously advise avoiding that for items older than TS2010. I have zero problems here with errors and warnings as I do not import anything that is on the DLS but install correctly using Content Manager, Using the import function on a backed up UserData causes the same problem and is I believe the reason why so many people end up with loads of problems. Copy and Paste + QDR works and does not remove the "protection".

To kick download helper into life assuming you are running Trainz as above as Administrator, Content manager > settings > delete password, save, close Content manager, reboot PC, launch content manager, imput your original password, save, close content manager, restart content manager. if that doesn't work then you probably have a Firewall issue.

If using Windows firewall reset it to default settings an make sure you allow every Trainz related program that asks for access, That's Trainz.exe, TadDaemon.exe, TrainzUtil.exe and ContentManager.exe.
Thanks for the tips, but sadly they didn't work. I tried the tip with deleting the password, but when I had rebooted the computer, the password was still there :shock: . I also gave all the necessary programs full internet access but it still refused to work. Do you have any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Mike
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

clam1952 wrote: The DLS black pages are primarily still there for prehistoric versions of Trainz that do not have Content Manager.
What clam forgot to add was that they're also still there for people with Windows 8 (people like me) for when your O.S just decides it doesn't like anything you are running and it wants to play merry hell with you. To be fair, though, I mostly use this option when downloading from other than the DLS.

You could try a visit to the old black pages though and once there choose what you want and then simply click on the option that says "download file via direct ftp link." You will be offered the file as a ".cdp file" and then your browser will probably ask what you want to do with the file - save it, of course.

Once you've downloaded it's a simple case of using the "import content" option in Content Manager to get it into trainz.

Hope that might offer at least an option for you Mike.

Dave
kirklamj01
Milepost 1

Post by kirklamj01 »

cyberdonblue wrote:
clam1952 wrote: The DLS black pages are primarily still there for prehistoric versions of Trainz that do not have Content Manager.
What clam forgot to add was that they're also still there for people with Windows 8 (people like me) for when your O.S just decides it doesn't like anything you are running and it wants to play merry hell with you. To be fair, though, I mostly use this option when downloading from other than the DLS.

You could try a visit to the old black pages though and once there choose what you want and then simply click on the option that says "download file via direct ftp link." You will be offered the file as a ".cdp file" and then your browser will probably ask what you want to do with the file - save it, of course.

Once you've downloaded it's a simple case of using the "import content" option in Content Manager to get it into trainz.

Hope that might offer at least an option for you Mike.

Dave
Cheers Dave,

While this works for a few files, most of the time it says 'invalid web address'. Do you have any idea why this may be?

Cheers,
Mike
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to say I have no idea why it keeps saying that. I'm not too clever on the old computer technicalities I'm afraid. Could it be something to do with your browser? I use Firefox which seems to work fine, but each to his own.

There are some very gifted people on this forum though Mike. Maybe if you just hang fire and wait for them to catch up on the latest posts they'll come up with the answer for you.

Good luck

Dave
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

The web issue may be an issue with all the "Security" interference Microsoft includes in IE, thinking of this it might be an idea to remove the tick from use IE settings in Content manager Settings > Internet and just tick No proxy server. Works for me in either setting, however I'm not using Win8.
IE also times out quicker on slow websites than other browsers which could also be an issue, was a registry fix somewhere in the MSDN forums to stop that happening.

Suggest using Firefox for downloading, as IE latest versions, strips file extensions from some perfectly safe files which for some reason MS doesn't like when downloading, mostly .exe files however who knows what else it messes with.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
kirklamj01
Milepost 1

Post by kirklamj01 »

Hi again,

I finally found the root of my CMP problems. It was the internet connection itself that was to blame, not the CMP. For some reason, it had set my connection as a proxy server, even though my Wifi router isn't one. After a quick venture into the internet settings, I found that the box entitled 'use proxy server for LAN was ticked' :shock: . After unticking it, and a few attempts where the CMP simply said 'not responding', I finally grinned to myself as the model of the KWVR's Merlin (by cmburgess) started to download as it should :D . After this, my connection has worked fine since.

Hope this helps anyone who reads this with as similar problem.

Cheers,
Mike
RDLOVER777
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 3.7
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 657338

Post by RDLOVER777 »

Sorry to bump this thread, but does anyone know where i can download Tempest70's Class 482?
STADLER FLIRTS FOREVER!
TheGamingBloke
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: Trainz Mac

Post by TheGamingBloke »

RDLOVER777 wrote:Sorry to bump this thread, but does anyone know where i can download Tempest70's Class 482?
Try the wayback onto his original website, im not sure what the url is, coz ive seen to stumble on the website right before it died.
https://web.archive.org/web/20111216121 ... ite11.com/
Woah, this text is really big!

Hey, this text is really small! :lol: