Locos, DMUs, EMUs, Carriages etc.
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Re: Class 70

Post by Briggsy »

michael.mclaren wrote:I posted this subject 2 weeks ago there has been over 200 views and 1 comment whats wrong with these people.
1. Most of those views will have been from search engine bots. Sadly, those search engine bots cannot reply - and that's probably for the best because they don't have an interest in trains, a direct line to Rumour3 to see where's he's up to on his latest creations, or acknowledge poor manners.

2. "These people" are not legally obliged to answer every single post on the forum. If they wish to reply, they will. If they don't wish to reply, they won't. Perhaps nobody has replied because they, like you, simply do not know? As stated previously, Rumour3 does not post on here very often.

3. What's wrong with "these people" is that, like me, they probably dislike poor manners and demands - and therefore more than likely choose to ignore them rather than offer any kind of help.

4. Hi, I'm also Carl - and I am a moderator on the British Trainz forum. May I suggest a friendlier approach to: a) gain some help from others if they are able to. b) Remain in the moderators and owner's good books so that you're not placed on a post approval list.
rowletmaster
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 0

Post by rowletmaster »

Has the project been abandoned?
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Post by Marky7890 »

I presume so, I don't think Rumour3 uses Trainz anymore sadly. No updates have been posted by him on forums or on his flickr for a few years now.

Mark
rowletmaster
Past 100!

Post by rowletmaster »

oof thats sad
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

According to his N3V profile was actually active 2 days ago, hasn't posted there since 2018 though, last entry on his blog was 2014 I think and was about the Class 70.
Could be any reason why he is no longer active, he did briefly appear in 2018 and then vanished again, I seem to remember due to work commitments, however he does have TRS19 on his timeline so still about, I wouldn't write him off just yet.
However I think that the class 70 isn't likely to happen, maybe got a no from Railfreight re the logo permission.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
rowletmaster
Past 100!

Post by rowletmaster »

Oof. Maybe release a version without one?
gamerouche
Past 250!

Post by gamerouche »

I purchased the Payware Class 70 Freightliner loco yesterday and would like to know how to access the named features of the functional windows and sunblinds & the wipers or are these features listed just for show?

I've tried all the usual methods but no dice.

I asked the above question on the Auran forum yesterday but haven't received any reply.

Anyone got one & can help?

Thanks Gam :?:
PerRock
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 104609

Post by PerRock »

gamerouche wrote:I purchased the Payware Class 70 Freightliner loco yesterday and would like to know how to access the named features of the functional windows and sunblinds & the wipers or are these features listed just for show?

I asked the above question on the Auran forum yesterday but haven't received any reply.

I don't own the DLC (yet) but generally features like that are either under a menu (Control+Right Click on the locomotive when driving, or the properties menu in surveyor); or they're only accessible when driving with full cab controls (a UI element will pop up when you hover the mouse over the intractable item).

peter
gamerouche
Past 250!

Post by gamerouche »

As I said in my previous post, nothing I do can alter the settings for the Class 70 Freightliner Windows, Wipers or Sunblinds. The only option is to turn on the running lights when Ctrl right click is engaged.
I re-installed it several times after deleting my beta version & still nothing. Even tried it in driver mode as well as DCC.
The config file does refer to the windows, wipers & Sunblinds but being payware, you can't alter it.
I'm at a loss.

Gam :?
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Wipers and sun blinds don't work, guess nobody took the option to preview it, using the cab controls is a bit hit and miss as it is. Rotating the seat seems a bit pointless if the other bits don't work. Other than that it or rather they are fine, wonder why they are listed as separate purchases? would have made more sense to have both versions in one pack. Haven't looked but maybe it's missing a script that controls the wipers and blinds?
These things are supposed to be tested via the new content creators closed beta testing setup, or that's the impression I got! You have to apply to test, also wasn't picked up on the Plus preview, I'll admit I never bothered to download it when it was a preview.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
gamerouche
Past 250!

Post by gamerouche »

Thanks to Tmz06003 for pointing out the problems I was having. It seems that the window & sunblind features only work in Driver mode & not DCC.

Gam :?
gamerouche
Past 250!

Post by gamerouche »

Regarding the windscreen wipers on the Class 70, it was pointed out to me that the middle knob on the left hand side of the console controls the wipers.
I managed to get them working but couldn't get them to turn off using the same button!!!!
I had to give up & exit Driver just to switch them off!.
The left hand button gives you an indication that it may do something too but I can't figure out what it does if anything all.

Regards Gam
rowletmaster
Past 100!

Post by rowletmaster »

gamerouche wrote:I purchased the Payware Class 70 Freightliner loco yesterday and would like to know how to access the named features of the functional windows and sunblinds & the wipers or are these features listed just for show?

Did you get that in Trainz Driver 2 or Trainz Simulator 2?
gamerouche
Past 250!

Post by gamerouche »

I purchased it through the official Trainz store when it became available. It's installed in my TRS2019 & it looks great hauling long Container rakes.

I'm a tad disappointed with parts of the model as you can only access the extra features in Driver mode & not DCC.

Trying to engage the windshield wipers & indeed switch them off again is so hit & miss, I wonder why this wasn't picked up in testing?

The author said in answer to my comments on the NV3 forum that the windshield wipers could also be operated by the keyboard however, he failed to say which key(s) have to be used & so far hasn't provided a reply. If anyone does know, please post.

Ok, rant over, let's get back to Trainz.

Regards

Gam :?:
rowletmaster
Past 100!

Post by rowletmaster »

well thats good. so sad that the class 70 is only available on TS2019 and TD2 or TS2

no Tane for some reason