Class 70

Locos, DMUs, EMUs, Carriages etc.
rumour3
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TS2010/12

Re: Class 70

Post by rumour3 »

@klambert

Sorry for not responding before now. Pressures of day job back with a vengeance! And no, it doesn't involve using Blender- I'm self taught, with a lot of help from the Paul Hobbs tutorials on his website. Unfortunately they haven't been updated for the current Blender interface, which is no criticism of Paul, but it does mean that they're not as relevant now as they were when I made the move from Gmax.

All I can say is download it and give it a go. Some people hate it (seems to be generally those who like to point and click at menus) whilst those of us that love it generally like to use keyboard shortcuts.

If I get time, I'll try and sort out some of the tips I've picked up over the years and put together some sort of tutorial.

Cheers

R3
rumour3
Milepost 1

Post by rumour3 »

Progress report- the model is now mostly uv mapped, AO baked and in game. Still need to sort out the windows, and an alpha mapped texture for grilles, chains etc, the driver, lights etc. but I'm fairly pleased with how it's going:

Class 70 in Trainz 1 by rumour3, on Flickr

Class 70 in Trainz 2 by rumour3, on Flickr

(oops- just remembered that I've forgotten to add the extra side fan, so a bit more mesh work required)

Thanks to everyone who has provided info and assistance to get this far.

R3
nathanmallard
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: 2010

Post by nathanmallard »

Absolutely brilliant!
What version is it for? Anything pre-SP1 would suit me, I'm not sure what everyone else thinks.
Augustus-Autumn
New Starter
Trainz Version: 2010 [3.3]
Trainz Build: 44785

Post by Augustus-Autumn »

Brilliant Work! Cant wait for it to be released!
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

rumour3 wrote:@klambert

Sorry for not responding before now. Pressures of day job back with a vengeance! And no, it doesn't involve using Blender- I'm self taught, with a lot of help from the Paul Hobbs tutorials on his website. Unfortunately they haven't been updated for the current Blender interface, which is no criticism of Paul, but it does mean that they're not as relevant now as they were when I made the move from Gmax.

All I can say is download it and give it a go. Some people hate it (seems to be generally those who like to point and click at menus) whilst those of us that love it generally like to use keyboard shortcuts.

If I get time, I'll try and sort out some of the tips I've picked up over the years and put together some sort of tutorial.

Cheers

R3
Unfortunately I am one of those people who prefer point and click menus, but I'll definitely give it a shot.
A tutorial would be great, I'm not a huge fan of Paul hobbs tutorials, I learnt how to use gmax using the World of Trainz and Tafweb tutorials, which I found to be more straight to the point and better illustrated.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
georgecabby
New Starter
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61318

Post by georgecabby »

Hi klambert why was the 501's again on DLS this week .I did not have any problems with the originals
Past 500!
Trainz Version: 12, TANE
Trainz Build: 74702
Author KUID: 431172

Post by 73129 »

Can I kindly ask for this to be kept on topic please - any specific enquiries about non-topic matters should be sent via PM or be made into its own topic.

Thanks
tommietomato2 on Auran forums
Retired moderator.
aaaaa
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: ts2009
Trainz Build: 44653

Post by aaaaa »

I'm excited to see this on Trainz, Keep up the good work! :D :D

Aaaaa.
pacerguy
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 0

Post by pacerguy »

WOWZER Looks great cant wait for release :drool: :drool:
patrickalanbooth
Past 100!

Post by patrickalanbooth »

Do you plan to do an interior for the the class 70 like with the 66 and in the future do you have have any interest in making a class 59, 67 or 68? i'm only asking as i wish to make these 3 and if you have plans to make them to your standards it would allow me to devote my time to the one's you do not wish to make.
many thanks
Patrick
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Post by Warbo40 »

patrickalanbooth wrote:Do you plan to do an interior for the the class 70 like with the 66 and in the future do you have have any interest in making a class 59, 67 or 68? i'm only asking as i wish to make these 3 and if you have plans to make them to your standards it would allow me to devote my time to the one's you do not wish to make.
many thanks
Patrick
Thought there was already a class 67 available on the DLS by Eldavo ?
Work to live not live to work.
shaunswoggle
Past 100!
Trainz Version: Trainz 2019

Post by shaunswoggle »

I am looking forward to this i've been looking for a class 70 for trainz since joining this forum and now it looks like i may be able to get one at long last if you are releasing it that is, will deffinately be following this topic
rumour3
Milepost 1

Post by rumour3 »

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I've no plans for anything else at the moment, and will probably do an initial release without a custom cab. A couple more shots of progress (haven't heard from Freightliner so no logos yet, and number fonts temporary):

Class 70 WIP by rumour3, on Flickr

Class 70 WIP 2 by rumour3, on Flickr

R3
Past 500!
Trainz Version: 12, TANE
Trainz Build: 74702
Author KUID: 431172

Post by 73129 »

Warbo40 wrote:
patrickalanbooth wrote:Do you plan to do an interior for the the class 70 like with the 66 and in the future do you have have any interest in making a class 59, 67 or 68? i'm only asking as i wish to make these 3 and if you have plans to make them to your standards it would allow me to devote my time to the one's you do not wish to make.
many thanks
Patrick
Thought there was already a class 67 available on the DLS by Eldavo ?
His website is broken from a hacking attempt.
tommietomato2 on Auran forums
Retired moderator.
shaunswoggle
Past 100!
Trainz Version: Trainz 2019

Post by shaunswoggle »

rumour3 wrote:Thanks for the feedback, guys. I've no plans for anything else at the moment, and will probably do an initial release without a custom cab. A couple more shots of progress (haven't heard from Freightliner so no logos yet, and number fonts temporary):

*removed photos*
R3
that looks amazing i can't wait for the release will be a great add to my uk loco's
Last edited by 73129 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Can I kindly ask to remove photos when quoting. Thanks