New Class 37 & Cabin

Locos, DMUs, EMUs, Carriages etc.
bolivar
Milepost 5

Re: New Class 37 & Cabin

Post by bolivar »

The rivet counters in this thread have got their collective noses out of joint in regards to this project Mick. If u think u can improve on the exterior then go for it. The new cab is far superior to the tired old interior used on Pikkabird's model. Pikka's model is still in my opinion better but even that could be improved upon. The details missing on the new model would improve the situation. And the purists will be satisfied if the missing details were added. A list of the offending missing items are in an earlier post dated 18th September, by nexusdj. I find Pikka's model is a bit too perfect externally,and the new one a bit too imperfect. Maybe somewhere in the middle would be a good medium. I have replaced the old, obsolete cab in Pikka's model with this new you beaut interior so am happy with that. Good luck with it if u do pursue the purchase.
matruck
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TS12 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 287284

Post by matruck »

Thanks Boliver i have purchased the mesh already mate but it seems to a bit out of my league from having a quick bo peep at it but i love the Class 37 so went ahead and bought it in the hope with a lot of help we could perhaps have a model that 90% who use it were happy with the work done on it.
I have limited modeling experience and my actual knowledge of this loco wouldn't fill a teacup but i thought i'd ask in this thread as there seems to be a lot of experience with the real life loco and ya just cant beat that kind of knowledge.
Cheers Mick. :D
paulsw2
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123801
Author KUID: 234086

Post by paulsw2 »

Picking up on what Dave said earlier - sounds like the most vital thing for anyone who has the mesh to play with is to implement four or five levels of LOD so that it's a more practical proposition for use in TANE. The other stuff is rather more cosmetic and easily remedied by anyone with the requisite modelling experience.

Does buying the mesh give you the right to issue a reskinnable version for the rest of the community?

Paul
matruck
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TS12 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 287284

Post by matruck »

Does buying the mesh give you the right to issue a reskinnable version for the rest of the community?
Fairly open license Paul i can either sell or give it away for free, I was hoping to find sum help with the cosmetic changes needed as the Class 37 is a favorite of mine but like i said before what i actually know about this loco wouldn't fill a teacup,
But if i can work out how and what needs doing then reskins hosted sum where would be number 1 on the list for sure, The model does use a script written by NS37 from Jointedrail so I've contacted Justin to find out exactly what he would let me do with it if it can retain his script.
Cheers Mick.